Home

NCAA 2K3 bball anyone won the title yet is?

This is a discussion on NCAA 2K3 bball anyone won the title yet is? within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2003, 12:42 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
NCAA 2K3 bball anyone won the title yet is?

If so tell me about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2003, 03:36 AM   #2
MVP

tenth's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 2K3 bball anyone won the title yet is?

I won it with Portland in my last season (4th season I believe) and I'm looking to take it again this year. Wasn't too hard really because I had such an easy schedule with my only two losses of the year coming to Gonzaga, so getting into the tourney wasn't too much of a problem. The best non-conference teams I played were Memphis and TCU who both were around 8-1 when I played them but not ranked because of their easy schedules as well. I beat TCU by 3 in the second OT and Memphis by 3 in regulation time.

Anyways, Gonzaga was eliminated in the first round of the West Coast Conference tourney so I cruised through that with the exception of Santa Clara who I faced in the first round, and who have turned into a rival of sorts for me. I pulled that game out in a squeeker. The NCAA tourney was pretty tough, but I was able combine great shooting from my guards, with dominant play under the boards (Crash the Boards has since been turned down) and in the post, with all-around great defense. I went in as a 3 seed (might've been 2, can't remember) and cruised up until I faced #1 seed Kansas in the elite 8. Barely pulled off a win and I can't remember who I played in the final four, but it was a real beating. Ended up just barely winning the tourney against Wake Forest (a #4 seed) in the finals.

My team really shouldn't have won it last year. My best player was rated an 87 as a sophomore SG, but he did end up jumping to the NBA after that season so I guess he was pretty talented. My centre kind of sucked, but I abused his good standing dunk rating quite a bit. I've cut back on the semi-cheap tactics this year as to make games closer but I'm still doing really well. Beat then #1 kansas again this year as well as Duke, William & Mary (don't laugh, they're good), and Wake Forest, with my sole loss so far to Oklahoma. I believe I'm 15-1 right now. Hopefully I'll get a job offer for a ****ty team in a really good conference at the end of this year. I'd love to have a challenging schedule throughout the whole year, which the WCC just doesn't provide.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:18 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Not yet, hope to this year though. I think I'm 22-2, #2 in the Country. I have a good shot
Old 01-11-2003, 11:07 AM   #4
MVP

dcleve11's Arena

OVR: 8

I am in the Elite 8 with Kentucky right now, so I am almost there.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:14 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

I've won it twice now in my Career Legacy. I won it around 2025 at Stanford and then again around year 2054 at Kentucky.

The Stanford title was practically put in my lap as all the #1 seeds were upset at some point by other teams. I never had to beat a truly great team in the whole tournament.

The Kentucky title was EARNED. I had to beat two #1 seeds and a #2 along the way. I beat #1 Illinois in the championship game. They had won 3 straight titles before that. I topped it off with my best recruiting class ever. I got the #1, #12, and #13 players in the country. They all were rated 90 or higher, with the #1 guy rated 96!!

Winning the championship does a lot for your recruiting. The #1 guy I got had 100 interest BEFORE I even started recruiting him!! Now, a couple of seasons later, I don't have a single player rated less than 86 on my team.

Oh, and my career record is like 1200-350. When I started this Career, my goal was to see if, and how long it would take, I could break Dean's career win record, to become the WINNINGEST coach of all-time (note: I didn't say BEST, I said winningest ). At this point, the only things I keep playing for are to see how many years you can play in Legacy mode and the only other jobs I'll take are my dream jobs at UNC or Kansas. Kansas won't be happening because they are a perennial power in my Legacy, but UNC has fallen off the map in the past 20 years, so I keep waiting for an offer to go there.

Oh, one thing I've seen is that job offers don't ALWAYS come every 3 years. I've gotten offers probably 4 out of the past 5 seasons. It seems to have alot to do with how much success you're having and if you're having it at the highest levels of competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2003, 01:05 PM   #6
Go Hogs

Redbird's Arena

OVR: 7

My next game is for the championship! It is against Texas Tech, a team that I have beaten twice this season with my OK ST Cowboys. I had to beat North Western to advance, they were #1 most of the season with me #2.

Old 01-11-2003, 03:41 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Well I'm 12-4 right now with Farleigh Dickinson and I won my conference tourney last year and hopefully won't lose anymore this year. My center is a 7'2 frosh who can't dunk and my PF is 6'11 guy who can't dunk to me that's just stupid and unrealistic but they do get a hell of a lot of rebounds and they shoot pretty well, so I should get some good kids to play with them next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »