Home

College Hoops 2k12?

This is a discussion on College Hoops 2k12? within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #25
Rookie

Bajney's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: College Hoops 2k12?

They desperately need to make this game. Just playing NBA 2k11 this year has me ready for Choops 2k12. I need to be able to use my boys next year too. Gilchrist, Teague, Davis, Wiltjer, Knight, Lamb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #26
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
A big reason why we haven't -- and might not -- see a college hoops game is because of the lawsuit involving using athletes likeness. If it weren't for that, I have a hunch we would have already heard an announcement about a college hoops game this year or last year.

Think about it, there's only one college sports game right now: NCAA Football, which sells. Probably not a coincidence.

yes but a generic roster at this point would be just fine as long as all the teams were there.....and ability to edit
Old 01-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #27
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

I can't believe 2K makes a tennis game, but not a college basketball game.

College basketball has a much broader appeal and media exposure than tennis. I guess the cost of licensing a few individual tennis players and some of the courts is much less than the NCAA license, allowing a tennis game to be more profitable than a College Hoops game?

I like tennis, but come on now. Let's get college basketball back in the gaming world.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 01-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #28
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I can't believe 2K makes a tennis game, but not a college basketball game.

College basketball has a much broader appeal and media exposure than tennis. I guess the cost of licensing a few individual tennis players and some of the courts is much less than the NCAA license, allowing a tennis game to be more profitable than a College Hoops game?

I like tennis, but come on now. Let's get college basketball back in the gaming world.
I believe it to be a combination of the cost of the license and the lack or purchasers. I have tried to sell the rebirth of college hoops but the response is always that it doesn't make money.

Maybe the margins are close enough to were if the license fee goes down enough they could break even but it all comes down to profit.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #29
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I believe it to be a combination of the cost of the license and the lack or purchasers. I have tried to sell the rebirth of college hoops but the response is always that it doesn't make money.

Maybe the margins are close enough to were if the license fee goes down enough they could break even but it all comes down to profit.
There were two companies making a college hoops game for long enough that I find it hard to believe that a single game can't turn a profit. Unless the licensing fees have gotten that far out of control which is certainly a possibility. Not saying you are wrong, I'm sure you have more information on this than I do, I just find it hard to believe that both EA and 2K were taking huge losses every year on their games and it took them so long to cancel the series. It sounds like more of an excuse than anything else.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

i think that they would sell copies at $40.00 or $30.00
Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #31
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
i think that they would sell copies at $40.00 or $30.00
Well sure they would, but would they sell enough to make a profit? That is the question.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

At $39.99, 2K should just use the same modes from (2k8) with 2k11 gameplay, shoes, updated unifroms and see what happens. Shouln't cost too much to produce. Otherwise they need to just make the game at regular cost and just market it much better. This game needs to be made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »