Home

Can i recruit walk-ons?

This is a discussion on Can i recruit walk-ons? within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Can i recruit walk-ons?

I have heard its possible, but it hasnt been confirmed to me. Is it possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Can i recruit walk-ons?

I think so... Look at your roster and scroll through the players. Anybody with a giant 'W' (like that) is a walk-on. This symbol appears a couple of seconds after the Redshirt logo appears.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

So far I have yet to be able to get a specific player to walk onto my squad after no one else picking him up at the end of the year -- even with getting to 100%. If there is some magic method, I don't know it. But I've also managed to luck into getting some quality 3 star walk ons by doing nothing at all. But there must be something going on, because when I advance to the offseason multiple times from the same save file I end up with the same walk on players.

I don't know the trick.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
Rookie

I wonder if the walkons we get are actually in the recruiting pool or just random guys filled in after the start of a new season.

I wish there was some way to figure that out. If they are in the recruiting pool then maybe there is a way. It is encouraging that you get the same walkons after starting from the same file multiple times.

I would suggest that you keep calling and emailing them after your schollies are filled up and maybe it would work.

I always clear my target list of seniors after I get my guys so I am gonna put them back on and keep trying and see what happens.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker
I wonder if the walkons we get are actually in the recruiting pool or just random guys filled in after the start of a new season.

I wish there was some way to figure that out. If they are in the recruiting pool then maybe there is a way. It is encouraging that you get the same walkons after starting from the same file multiple times.

I would suggest that you keep calling and emailing them after your schollies are filled up and maybe it would work.

I always clear my target list of seniors after I get my guys so I am gonna put them back on and keep trying and see what happens.
agreed, but if was never players I targeted. I'll check the old season file when I get home to see if the walk ons I got were in the recruiting pool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
Rookie

That is the problem if they aren't players we target we would never know.

In another thread "Jukeman" who is a guy who is very knowledgeable about the game said you have to keep in contact with them and there is a good chance they will walk on if they don't sign with someone.

The thing is if that doesn't happen then we can't be sure if the ones we get are from recruiting or not. I guess we have to just try keeping in touch with the ones we hope to get and prolly be a little lucky.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #7
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I've only had one instance where I was recruiting a kid pretty heavily and he appeared on my roster as a walk-on. I was Texas Southern and he was a 3* SG that had 100% interest in me. He never would sign though and I lost out on the only other SG I was recruiting as well. After the recruiting period was over and my roster was complete, I was scrolling through and found him as well as another 3* SG that I had targeted but not offered as walk-ons on my team. For the most part I believe that walk-ons randomly appear with no rhyme or reason as to why or where they come from, but every now and then you land a stud that contributes immediately.

Last edited by crques; 06-01-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

Some data for you all to play with:

Last year I got three walk ons.
#1: 100% interest *** international player who I never recruited
#2: 80% interest *** international player who I never recruited
#3: 100% interest ** Minnesota PG who I never recruited

The year before that I got one significant walk on:
#1: 88% interest ** California C who I never recruited

There were lots of other players who had higher interest or similar 100% interest, but any time I moved on to the season from my save at the end of the recruiting period the same players would walk on to my team. I have no idea if recruiting them has any influence. The only time I did test it I was unsuccessful at landing the player at Norfolk State -- but I only pumped it back up to 100% because I was out of scholarships.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »