Home

My take at legacy conference realignment

This is a discussion on My take at legacy conference realignment within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My take at legacy conference realignment

I have spent several hours over the last couple of days trying to find the best way to realign the conferences for Legacy mode. I am using Buck2Buckus rosters for xbox360 (it has a few created teams I'm using) but anyone can use this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Conf. Realignment 1.jpg (120.4 KB, 372 views)
File Type: png Conf. Realignment 2.png (47.2 KB, 311 views)
File Type: png Conf. Realignment 3.png (64.1 KB, 308 views)
File Type: png Conf. Realignment Notes.png (162.0 KB, 319 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2020, 06:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: My take at legacy conference realignment

If you're wondering why I placed a team where I did, The word document explains each conference I made changes too!
Old 01-23-2021, 11:13 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I spent quite a few hours the other doing this same thing. I created North and South Dakota. I replaced "UL-Calcutta" and Savannah State. I edited Winston-Salem State into NC Central and changed the name of Texas-Pan American to Texas-Rio Grande Valley.

Conference tournaments have some odd locations, but I switched around virtually every conference, then sacrificed the western conferences pretty much and had a couple cobbled together conference of western teams and left a lot of them to be Independent.

POWER CONFERENCES

Current 15 ACC+Maryland moved to the Big East.

Current 11-team Big East is moved to the Big 10.

Current Big 10 minus Maryland and Rutgers moved to the ACC.

SEC minus TAMU and Missouri is the same. Swapped Big 12 and PAC 10. I left TAMU and Missouri with the old Big 12 teams and I sacrificed West Virginia and TCU along with Rutgers since you simply run out of power spots.

MAJOR CONFERENCES

I used CUSA to make the American and added West Virginia there since they at least have some history with those schools. I had Rutgers there first, but Rutgers until basically last year was utterly irrelevant. Same for TCU, so I sacrificed both of them down to small conferences.

The Mountain West stayed the same minus Fresno and San Jose State.

Atlantic 10 requires no changes.

MID MAJOR CONFERENCES
The current Sun Belt moved into the Colonial

The current West Coast moved to the Horizon

The Metro stayed the Metro except for Quinnipiac.

Missouri Valley and MAC required no changes.

The current CUSA minus UTSA moved to the Sun Belt.

The WAC was sacrificed mostly and the Colonial minus Charleston was moved there.

The West Coast became a cobbled together group of leftover schools-Fresno and San Jose State from the Mountain West, New Mexico State from the WAC and then Hawaii, Irvine, Santa Barbara, Fullerton and I think Long Beach State.

SMALL CONFERENCES
The America East required no changes-just not UMass-Lowell.

The current Horizon minus Northern Kentucky moved to the Atlantic Sun and I added Chicago State.

The current Northeast (no Bryant or Merrimack) plus Quinnipiac moved into the Big Sky.

The current Summit League minus Omaha moved to the Big South.

Independents were Rio Grande Valley, Utah Valley and 5 of the leftover western schools-Poly, Northridge, Bakersfield, Riverside and Davis.

Ivy League required no changes.

The current MEAC stayed the same except I left Hampton there.

The Big Sky moved to the Northeast.

Ohio Valley required no changes-just not SIU-Edwardsville.

The current Atlantic Sun(no North Alabama or Bellarmine) plus the sacrificed Rutgers moved to the Patriot.

Southern Conference stayed the same, and added them the leftover College of Charleston from the Colonial.

Southland got TCU and UTSA and no Abilene Christian or Incarnate Word

No changes needed for the SWAC

The Patriot League moved to the Summit

I'd loved to replace more of the irrelevant schools like Rio Grande Valley and such, but the editing process can't change the logo or the court so it kinda kills it for me. Baffling you can only create 2 schools. I'd rather add a half dozen or so and eliminate UT-RGV, Chicago State, Utah Valley types.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #4
Just started!

Thanks for putting this together!

Have you ever noticed if changing around the conference alignments (moving power programs into small conferences and vice versa) affects how the schools progress throughout a dynasty?

Like do recruits start to choose small schools that are now part of a power conference in name alone due to the conference shifts? Since a good amount of them always have "play for a major program" as one of their recruiting priorities.

And does this affect the coaching carousel in the offseason at all? Do power schools now get last pick of the coaches since they're no longer in the "power" conference size anymore.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:59 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawkvol10
Thanks for putting this together!

Have you ever noticed if changing around the conference alignments (moving power programs into small conferences and vice versa) affects how the schools progress throughout a dynasty?

Like do recruits start to choose small schools that are now part of a power conference in name alone due to the conference shifts? Since a good amount of them always have "play for a major program" as one of their recruiting priorities.

And does this affect the coaching carousel in the offseason at all? Do power schools now get last pick of the coaches since they're no longer in the "power" conference size anymore.
Yes, takes maybe 8-10 seasons, but eventually, everything filters down. At first, the coaches with high ratings and prestige will be able to recruit good players to their no-longer 'power' schools, but soon they'll get hired away to power schools etc. If you stick a Duke or North Carolina in the Southern conference per say, they'll dominate for a little while and they'll slowly fall back to the rest of the pack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2021, 03:07 AM   #6
Rookie

I did have a dream once about doing an entire recreation of the old teams and conferences from the 1989-1990 college season, back when I was really into college basketball. I know that there are already several classic teams from that year in the CH2K8 rosters.

But then I realized just how difficult it was going to be and then my laziness took over and I abandoned the project soon after starting it.

Last edited by BamaToon; 04-09-2021 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
Old 04-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #7
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

I’m working on a sort of alternate history realignment but the I keep the actual conferences the same because I’d go nuts if the tournaments weren’t correct and the small schools were in power conferences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »