Home

360 Problems, discuss them here

This is a discussion on 360 Problems, discuss them here within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What 360 are you playing on currently?
I'm on my 1st 360 323 46.34%
I'm on my 2nd 360 234 33.57%
I'm on my 3rd 360 88 12.63%
I'm on my 4th 360 25 3.59%
I'm on my 5th 360 9 1.29%
I'm on my 6th 360 3 0.43%
I'm on my 7th 360 0 0%
I'm on my 8th 360 0 0%
I'm on my 9th 360, can you freakin' believe it?! 15 2.15%
Voters: 697. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #73
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: My 360 is dead..couple of questions for you vets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
I would like to know if a refurbed system from MS comes with a 1 year warranty?

If that's the case you may never have to buy another 360 given their failure rate.
MS really needs to fix this issue whatever it is as I see a class action lawsuit coming.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #74
SC**NC*!

DrStrangepork's Arena

OVR: 5

Im on my 3rd 360 and according to MS customer service they extend the waranty as if it was new when you recieve your replacement.

Heck, I ended up with an extra hard drive another controller a remote and 2 games (Kameo & PDZ) as well.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #75
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStrangepork
Im on my 3rd 360 and according to MS customer service they extend the waranty as if it was new when you recieve your replacement.

Heck, I ended up with an extra hard drive another controller a remote and 2 games (Kameo & PDZ) as well.
WOW! Nice on getting all that extra stuff from MS.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #76
Rookie

Mr DrewDaddy's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon13 Re: My 360 is dead..couple of questions for you vets

Well I bought my 360 last Feb. and 2 weeks ago mine started the steady decline towards 360 death...My console was well taken care of and had the pelican fan stand...2 weeks ago it started freezing here and there...gradually the freezing became worse and worse and eventually was followed by the red ring of death most times...I tried everything on the Xbox website and their tech support, nothing solved the issues....at times it would run for an hour or so with no issues then suddenly a beep sound and freeze, other times it would freeze as soon as the 360 title screen would start...now it's has reduced to just the red ring of death and nothing else. I am waiting on my box from MS and hate the fact that I won't have it back for 14 days (so they say)...In my opinion this has nothing to do with the user or anything you could or shouldn't do...It's a flaw that MS must be aware of judging by the warranty extension...good luck to all you that haven't had issues yet, you are one of the lucky ones...everyone I know has had some sort of issue or another with their consoles.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 7

My second 360 since launch just got the ring of death. I bought it at Best Buy so will I be able to bring right in there and get a new one? Since my 360 broke will my hardrive stilll work on a new one. I have a core so I don't have to bring back the hard drive. Does anyone also know If I bring my core system back to Best Buy will they let me exchange it and pay the diffrence for a premium.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
My second 360 since launch just got the ring of death. I bought it at Best Buy so will I be able to bring right in there and get a new one? Since my 360 broke will my hardrive stilll work on a new one. I have a core so I don't have to bring back the hard drive. Does anyone also know If I bring my core system back to Best Buy will they let me exchange it and pay the diffrence for a premium.
The answer is yes to all your questions. Your hard drive will work on your replacement 360 Core from BB. You have the option within the 2 year extended BB warranty to get your money back. BB will gladly upgrade you for the $100 difference if you want the Premium system.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:31 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
That's cool, but you didn't answer my question, how long (in days) were you without your 360 before you got the replacement? I'm trying to get an idea of the time frame i'll be without my 360.
Oh, sorry I didn't answer the question. It was actually a while. I live on the eastcoast and it had to go all the way to Texas. It was more than 2 weeks. I believe a couple of holiday(s) may have slow the the delivery to and on the return.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
Oh, sorry I didn't answer the question. It was actually a while. I live on the eastcoast and it had to go all the way to Texas. It was more than 2 weeks. I believe a couple of holiday(s) may have slow the the delivery to and on the return.
well i just got my coffin today, although i wasn't home to get it so the ups will leave it tomorrow, and i'm in virginia so i dunno how long it will take, but i need a break from my 360 anyways, i've been playing too much on the weekends lately. i'm sure i'll change my tune after a weekend without it though.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »