Home

360 price drop...

This is a discussion on 360 price drop... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #17
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 360 price drop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
What's wrong with a price drop??? Especially if they phase out the core and have the Premium and the Zepher. I think it will help push consoles. There are a ton of people out there that Money IS a object and a pricedrop will push them to the dark side ....
if money is an issue, then certain people shouldn't be spending their money on videogame consoles. I don't make 8 figures a year, but I still don't think that $399 is too much to ask for.

There's always the ps2, which has like 20x the games that the 360 has, that are all still fun.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #18
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The problem with a price drop is people see lesser price and automatically get suspicious and think lesser quality. For example, if you're in a store and see all the green bean cans are marked 50 cents a can but then there is one can marked 10 cents, you'd probably be a bit leery of it wouldn't you? Same for the 360. You price it too low you start scaring people off thinking there is something wrong with it.
Yeah, but then there's people like me, who are poor and in college and who don't have $400 to drop on a console, but would really like one, and if the price were lowered even $50 would seriously consider finally getting a 360.

Actually, it's not so much that I don't have $400 as it is that I would hate paying $400 now, and seeing the price drop a week later. I'm waiting for the drop so I don't look like a fool. M$ should either drop the price now or officially announce that they won't be dropping the price so I will know for sure.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #19
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
The problem with a price drop is people see lesser price and automatically get suspicious and think lesser quality. For example, if you're in a store and see all the green bean cans are marked 50 cents a can but then there is one can marked 10 cents, you'd probably be a bit leery of it wouldn't you? Same for the 360. You price it too low you start scaring people off thinking there is something wrong with it.

Come on man you can't believe that. In this day and age people know the xbox brand. Kids, teens,and adults alike are talking about this console. People know how the xbox is selling well. In console history The PS2 was 299 right??? Well it's 129 now and do people shy away from it because it's a cheap machine?????? NO the ps2 is selling like hotcakes still. Another things you compare a can of food. Well TONS UPON TONS of people choose the 10 cent can because nowadays that 10 cent can tastes just as good as the 50 cent can. Besides if they phase out the core and bring in the HDMI 360, Have that the higher price and the premium drop to what the core used to be. Does that mean it's a crappy system?? NO.... Bottom line there are a ton of people on the fence that just can't afford it. YOu say if you can't afford a videogame console we shouldn't be buying them...That's total BS man. You know there are alot of hard working people who have alot of bills. Just because it is hard for them to pick up next gen, doesn't mean they are poor and should spend the money on food. I have GF and a kid, Have a mortgage, have 2 cars, have schools to pay for, and all kinds of other things. There are alot of people who in their minds can truly afford a system but in the back of their minds they are thinking they should spend money on kids etc etc...I can afford a system and will get one. But for me to be able to save 100.00 would be great.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:06 PM   #20
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Yeah, but then there's people like me, who are poor and in college and who don't have $400 to drop on a console, but would really like one, and if the price were lowered even $50 would seriously consider finally getting a 360.

Actually, it's not so much that I don't have $400 as it is that I would hate paying $400 now, and seeing the price drop a week later. I'm waiting for the drop so I don't look like a fool. M$ should either drop the price now or officially announce that they won't be dropping the price so I will know for sure.
Totally agree man., I have heard rumblings of a price drop from game informer and on the net. I am trying to hold out because I don't want to buy the 360 now and a month later have them drop the price.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #21
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Come on man you can't believe that. In this day and age people know the xbox brand. Kids, teens,and adults alike are talking about this console. People know how the xbox is selling well. In console history The PS2 was 299 right??? Well it's 129 now and do people shy away from it because it's a cheap machine?????? NO the ps2 is selling like hotcakes still. Another things you compare a can of food. Well TONS UPON TONS of people choose the 10 cent can because nowadays that 10 cent can tastes just as good as the 50 cent can. Besides if they phase out the core and bring in the HDMI 360, Have that the higher price and the premium drop to what the core used to be. Does that mean it's a crappy system?? NO.... Bottom line there are a ton of people on the fence that just can't afford it. YOu say if you can't afford a videogame console we shouldn't be buying them...That's total BS man. You know there are alot of hard working people who have alot of bills. Just because it is hard for them to pick up next gen, doesn't mean they are poor and should spend the money on food. I have GF and a kid, Have a mortgage, have 2 cars, have schools to pay for, and all kinds of other things. There are alot of people who in their minds can truly afford a system but in the back of their minds they are thinking they should spend money on kids etc etc...I can afford a system and will get one. But for me to be able to save 100.00 would be great.

you already waited this long for a 360, another year won't do any harm. I'm well aware that there are people out there that can afford to buy expensive toys, but have other responsibilities. Just like there are others who have the expendable income to afford the $399 360, the accessories, xbox live, $60 games, and a nice hdtv to play it on. That's why you see the xbox and ps2 sell well down the road. MS knows this, and it's not like you'll miss out on much when you eventually get one. The games will only get better from here on.

The 360 is no different than many other items. Early adaptors always pay more. If you don't like the price, wait for it to drop.

I'm just saying that I see no reason for a drop until christmas at the very earliest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #22
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

There's no reason for Microsoft to drop the price. They already sell a lesser version for a cheaper price without a harddrive.

360 sales are fine and with a newer model coming out, the current premium will likely just be the new core.

Also Microsoft would be crazy to drop the price this Christmas with Halo 3 coming out.

If price is a serious concern than just get a Xbox, PS2, or Wii.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
Man O man who gave CB funny pills.
it wasn't funny pills it was pinto beans.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
This doesn't hold any water at all. If people associated "price" with "quality", why on Earth has the Wii outsold the 360 and the PS3 since it's release?? It's almost 40% cheaper than the 360 and more than half the price of a PS3 and it's impossible to find it on store shelves. If you were correct in your assumption, the public would look at the Wii and walk right past it. Instead they're lining up for it(in my city they're still lining up!!). and besides that, everyone knows the Microsoft name. Everyone knows the 360. If they do decide to drop the price, nobody would question its quality. How can you compare a no-name can of beans to the 360? LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »