Home

TVersity: The 360's Best Media Center

This is a discussion on TVersity: The 360's Best Media Center within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
TVersity: The 360's Best Media Center

A couple of months ago I got a new Vista laptop. I was excited because I felt that i was going to get the whole Windows Media Center experience through the Xbox 360. Unfortunately, things didn't go exactly as planned. For the longest time my pc didn't even detect my 360 as a media extender, so I spent a couple of weeks screwing around with router and system settings before finally getting everything up and running. Once it all was working properly I was a happy camper... for a little bit.

When I had XP I was using Windows Media Connect to stream music from my pc to the 360. To my surprise, I was no longer able to do this while using Windows Media Center. And although Media Center is very pretty to look at, it's was extremely aggravating to navigate through such a graphic intensive layout. This made me look for another alternative.

Long story short, I found TVersity. All I have to say is that I'm a very happy camper right now. Not only does this program allow you stream media from your pc, it also allows you to add urls from the internet. The biggest plus for me is that you're able to view multiple video formats whether it be Divx, Quicktime, or whatever. I figured I'd post a few pics so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

To view this video on my 360 all I need to do is choose this option

Then I simply enter the url

Here you can see the video I added along with others that are already on my pc's hard drive

Here is the video from the internet playing on my television. You'll be back GSP!!!!

I can't say enough good things about this program. I urge everyone to try it out.

http://tversity.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: TVersity: The 360's Best Media Center

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to look into that.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Cool, don't see many Hyundai TV's. And is that seriously what Madden has Peyton Manning looking like!?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
A couple of months ago I got a new Vista laptop. I was excited because I felt that i was going to get the whole Windows Media Center experience through the Xbox 360. Unfortunately, things didn't go exactly as planned. For the longest time my pc didn't even detect my 360 as a media extender, so I spent a couple of weeks screwing around with router and system settings before finally getting everything up and running. Once it all was working properly I was a happy camper... for a little bit.

When I had XP I was using Windows Media Connect to stream music from my pc to the 360. To my surprise, I was no longer able to do this while using Windows Media Center. And although Media Center is very pretty to look at, it's was extremely aggravating to navigate through such a graphic intensive layout. This made me look for another alternative.

Long story short, I found TVersity. All I have to say is that I'm a very happy camper right now. Not only does this program allow you stream media from your pc, it also allows you to add urls from the internet. The biggest plus for me is that you're able to view multiple video formats whether it be Divx, Quicktime, or whatever. I figured I'd post a few pics so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.
That is cool, how much did you pay for TVersity.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

It's a free download.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #6
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
It's a free download.
Sweet. Thanks
Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #7
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Is there any specific things you had to do regarding router, etc. ? (it sounds like you had trouble getting the 360 to show up for a little bit)

I've tried everything and this one too, it seems nice but it's almost like I have an invisible firewall. (none running, another program "Orb", you need to change ports and every port tells me it won't work) Thanks.

My Blog
Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Cocaine Cowboy?

My Video Game Streams

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »