Home

Would you trade your PS3?

This is a discussion on Would you trade your PS3? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #25
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Would you trade your PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Lair was delayed according my Sony source so that they could add the ability to control the dragon with the analog stick and not just by SixAxis controller.

The PS3 will be on par with the 360 shortly. People just have to be patient and let it get there. Remember developers have been making games and working with the 360 for about 3 years and have been developing games and working with the PS3 for about a year.
True. However I think Sony's biggest problem is not helping out multi-platform developers.

Most of the games exclusive on the PS3 are pretty amazing... I just feel Sony isn't doing everything they can to help developers transition onto the PS3 which is hurting them.

And Xbox ports are killing them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

just buy a refurbished 360 and keep the ps3.
How much are they now, like 200 bucks??
You know youre gonna want a ps3 next year when mlb the show 08 comes out, because its probably gonna be the best sports game ever released.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
True. However I think Sony's biggest problem is not helping out multi-platform developers.

Most of the games exclusive on the PS3 are pretty amazing... I just feel Sony isn't doing everything they can to help developers transition onto the PS3 which is hurting them.

And Xbox ports are killing them.
Your right.. Sony didn't help 3rd party developers which is why games such as All-Pro, Madden, and NCAA are a "step" behind as of right now. Once these developers figure out how to get the most out of the PS3, then the games will be equal to the 360.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
You know youre gonna want a ps3 next year when mlb the show 08 comes out, because its probably gonna be the best sports game ever released.
here's hoping

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #29
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Take in to account that there was quite a lull with the release of MS demos and arcade games for quite a long time. It's hard to be patient as a video gamer, but hopefully the future is bright for the PS3.

Like I said, I've contemplated going back to MS, but then I ask myself this....

Would I rather play Halo 3 or MLB The Show? Answer: The Show. I know if I had a 360, I'd buy this game impulsively, play online a week, play the single player a week, and shelve it.

Would I rather play Halo 3, Bioshock, and Mass Effect or Unchartered, MGS4, and Kill Zone 2? Without a doubt, I'd rather play the PS3 games because I'm so tired of FPS alien games. Unchartered has me extremely excited.

As it's been stated, Winning Eleven/Pro Evo is supposed to play much better on the PS3 than the 360. I want this game pure and simple.

I'm not a golf fan in the least, but I cannot wait for Hot Shots Golf 4. That's more my speed than Tiger Woods. And heck, I have choice if want it.

Dirt is supposed to be visually enhanced over the 360 version.

The demo of GTHD has me drooling.....Can't wait for prologue.

The key here is to be patient.....if you can hold out a little longer, I believe you'll be quite happy you did.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #30
Rookie

cjtiger300's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux66
I wonder would you trade your PS3, 2 wireless controllers, and the SHOW...

for

The Black XBOX ELITE, 1 wireless controller, a charge kit, and the guitar hero guitar and game?

I am just curious on your opinions.

IMO;
I lose the SHOW the game is ridiculous this year. I can't imagine next year's rendition.
I lose free online service
I lose backwards compatibility

I gain
The best of the EA games this year. NHL and Madden are my targets...in that order.
I gain best online experience (I think)
I gain this year.

Long term, I don't know.

I appreciate everyone who chimes in.

Thanks
no
Old 08-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #31
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Show wasn't worth it?
The show was great, but I just really liked the 360 better overall. I played the show for about 2 weeks and they that was all she wrote, the system just didn't get played.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #32
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
I sold my launch 360 for a PS3 and after the whole 30fps vs 60fps ordeal and the online gaming comparisons, I was really thinking hard about trading in my PS3 but after much thought I am going to hold off for the following reasons.

1. 30fps vs 60fps is not an issue with my favorite game APF. So far I am not liking Madden (surprise, surprise) but it has notthing to do with the framerate.
2. MLB the Show is the best playing (not looking) baseball game ever made.
3. APF 2K8 online is smooth and that is the only game I play online anyway. Let's see what HOME has to offer.
4. Built in wireless (I really don't want to spend the additional $99 for the 360 adaptor)
5. Much easier file sharing capabilities (that would cost me another $50+ on the 360)
6. The only other games I play besides sports games are Splinter Cell, Metal Gear, and Halo. Obviously I can't play Halo on my PS3 but I am a sports gamer first and MLB the Show > Halo for MY gaming needs.

Both systems are great and if you can not own both, you have to decide which one fits YOUR needs and not what fits the gaming community. To the original poster, Good Luck with whatever you choose to do.
Hey man,

So you've played both versions of All Pro 2K8?

I have the PS3 version, and I really don't see any problems with it at all, plus I haven't heard of there being a HUGE difference between the two. I think it looks great and runs excellent online.

Have you noticed any other differences between the two?

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »