Home

In need of some help.

This is a discussion on In need of some help. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What should I do with my situation?
Demand replacement unit 1 25.00%
Trade in 360, xbox games and some 360 games for Elite 3 75.00%
Trade in 360, xbox games and some 360 games for PS3 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
In need of some help.

I sent my 360 in and MS replaced it with a re-furbished unit. The 360 they sent me back will not go online through a router if there is a computer online as well. I have called MS and they told me I have too many computers and offered me no help. The router is a Linksys G with speed booster and it is compatible. I have also tried the G and a D-Link compatible router. I know the problem is my 360 so I have 3 options. Demand a replacement unit, trade my original XBOX games, some 360 games and my 360 for an Elite, or Trade in my original XBox Games, some 360 games and my 360 for a PS3. Please post your thoughts.
MLB: New York Yankees
CFL: BC Lions - I want my Rough Riders back!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: In need of some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon 2006
I sent my 360 in and MS replaced it with a re-furbished unit. The 360 they sent me back will not go online through a router if there is a computer online as well. I have called MS and they told me I have too many computers and offered me no help. The router is a Linksys G with speed booster and it is compatible. I have also tried the G and a D-Link compatible router. I know the problem is my 360 so I have 3 options. Demand a replacement unit, trade my original XBOX games, some 360 games and my 360 for an Elite, or Trade in my original XBox Games, some 360 games and my 360 for a PS3. Please post your thoughts.
That sounds like BS. I would demand a new one. How many computers do you have on the router? I can't imagine there is any truth to that, but maybe I am wrong.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

I would demand a new one but it sounds lie your sold on the 360. If you can't get a new one out of MS trade in all your stuff for an Elite ...."AND BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM THE STORE".
Old 08-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
That sounds like BS. I would demand a new one. How many computers do you have on the router? I can't imagine there is any truth to that, but maybe I am wrong.
I have 2 computers, 1 wireless and one wired. the 360 is wired. I will probably call MS this weekend and if I can not get a new console from them I will probaby get an Elite. If the Elite fails or my next console from MS fails, I will probably get a PS3.
MLB: New York Yankees
CFL: BC Lions - I want my Rough Riders back!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »