Home

PS3 - Sports Games...

This is a discussion on PS3 - Sports Games... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18
PS3 - Sports Games...

Guys, i need your help. If you would please list me the PS3 sports games that you can play cpu/cpu. Not having to play with a team using the controler. I just bought Fifa 08 and you have to play with a team. I'm pi**ed and am going to trade it in for whatever games you guys list for me.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: PS3 - Sports Games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman19
Guys, i need your help. If you would please list me the PS3 sports games that you can play cpu/cpu. Not having to play with a team using the controler. I just bought Fifa 08 and you have to play with a team. I'm pi**ed and am going to trade it in for whatever games you guys list for me.
MLB2007 The Show.

You have to start the game as if you were playing...then you can just move the controller to the middle and it will be CPU vs. CPU.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-31-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
MLB2007 The Show.

You have to start the game as if you were playing...then you can just move the controller to the middle and it will be CPU vs. CPU.

M.K.
Knight165
Thanks, this is how you usually can do it. No other games you know of?

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

Old 12-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

MLB The Show (Bonus: Manager mode!)
All Pro Football (caveat: you have to switch to CPU after the game loads if you want a user created team to be cpu controlled. And, you need two controllers to have user teams play each other)

Just about all of the other 2K Sports Games: MLB, NCAA, NBA, NHL (or at least the recent ones)

More if I think of them.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
MLB The Show (Bonus: Manager mode!)
All Pro Football (caveat: you have to switch to CPU after the game loads if you want a user created team to be cpu controlled. And, you need two controllers to have user teams play each other)

Just about all of the other 2K Sports Games: MLB, NCAA, NBA, NHL (or at least the recent ones)

More if I think of them.
Thanks alot bc. Which game would you recommend to trade Fifa 08 for. I will be buying the show 08 when it's released. This will be for the PS3. I already have NBA 2K8 and NHL 08 for the 360.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman19
Thanks alot bc. Which game would you recommend to trade Fifa 08 for. I will be buying the show 08 when it's released. This will be for the PS3. I already have NBA 2K8 and NHL 08 for the 360.
That's a tough recommendation for me to make, because the only two out of that list that I own are the Show and All-Pro. The others were rentals.

APF is fun, but it's not going to be like watching the NFL, if that's what you're interested in. I guess if I had to pick from the remaining ones it'd be the NBA or NCAA game - Hockey just doesn't work too well with CPU v CPU, mostly because everything happens too fast. With the right settings the basketball games can look comparable to real life.

Whichever game you decide to get, keep in mind there are forums for each game's slider settings, and there are always others trying to find good settings for CPU games.

Also, I just noticed your sig.....you're not the only one who believes that.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

Quote:
APF is fun, but it's not going to be like watching the NFL, if that's what you're interested in. I guess if I had to pick from the remaining ones it'd be the NBA or NCAA game - Hockey just doesn't work too well with CPU v CPU, mostly because everything happens too fast. With the right settings the basketball games can look comparable to real life.

Whichever game you decide to get, keep in mind there are forums for each game's slider settings, and there are always others trying to find good settings for CPU games.

Thanks for your help my friend.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
That's a tough recommendation for me to make, because the only two out of that list that I own are the Show and All-Pro. The others were rentals.

All-Pro FB may not have current NFL players, but I think it would make a very good coach-only game. It requires more X's and O's strategy to succeed than most other sports games, which lends itself well to someone looking to only coach. Another aspect is how you build teams with AP, you can draft a high-octane pass O or more of a ball control O with stingy D if you like. Each player and team will play according to their strengths and weaknesses. Marino has plays with his patented quick release, for instance. If you can get past the lack of current NFL players and teams (AP uses past NFL players) , I think this could be a very good coach only game. It's also only about $20 at most places, which is a real bargain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »