Home

Thinking of trading my 360 for ps3..good idea?

This is a discussion on Thinking of trading my 360 for ps3..good idea? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Thinking of trading my 360 for ps3..good idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
What did you include in your trade-in?

I have a 360 Premium with one wireless controller, 1 wired controller, and a headset.
My games include:
NHL08, NHL2K8, NHL07, Rainbow 6:Vegas, Mass Effect, Ghost Recon II and Burnout 3.

I'm seriously looking into dealing my 360 for the PS3 as I'm a HUGE fan of The Show. I only play hockey and baseball games with a few non-sports games thrown in. And to be quite honest, I'm not in love with any particular non-sports game enough to pledge total allegiance to either system.
However, I'm a big boxing fan so not having PrizeFigther for the PS3 is a big negative. Although, I love the VB titles so I might get my boxing fix through that.
You'd never be able to last without a 360 once Prizefighter comes out. Lets be serious here. For 5 years I've seen you on various boxing boards bashing King Kudo and his magical mythril mouthpieces, kindergarden haymakers, and the 'dose of pain to the brain' announcers. Begging for 2k sports to bring a boxing game out. And now on the eve of the game coming out, you are contemplating trading in your 360? You are either bi-polar, a woman or Leaving Las Vegas, which is it?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Money, make sure you sign up for their "rewards" card if you go through gamestop. That will give you an extra 10% on your trade in. If you don't have one, it's 14.99 and you get a year of game informer magazine.

I can't say for sure how much they will give you, some stuff I got more than I thought I would, and others, like the HD-DVD player, I didn't get much at all. I think they gave me $33 for it.

I would take it in to gamestop and just ask them how much they will give you. If it isn't what you want, try to sell on ebay.

I will say this, I'm very happy that I traded off my 360. I've had it for a while and was worried about the RROD. I couldn't be happier with the PS3. I've had it about a week and I feel like there is so much more that I haven't discovered with it yet.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
You'd never be able to last without a 360 once Prizefighter comes out. Lets be serious here. For 5 years I've seen you on various boxing boards bashing King Kudo and his magical mythril mouthpieces, kindergarden haymakers, and the 'dose of pain to the brain' announcers. Begging for 2k sports to bring a boxing game out. And now on the eve of the game coming out, you are contemplating trading in your 360? You are either bi-polar, a woman or Leaving Las Vegas, which is it?
Alll of the above.
But seriously, I know that's how I'm going to feel when it comes out.
I'm going to wait until PrizeFighter, MLB2K8 and THe Show 08 are all released. I'll make my decision based on the strength of PrizeFighter and the baseball games. If PrizeFighter is great and MLB2K8 is at least good or close to what MVP2005 was, I'll keep the 360. But if PF is garbage and The Show completely kicks 2K8's ***, I'll be trading it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoner43
Money, make sure you sign up for their "rewards" card if you go through gamestop. That will give you an extra 10% on your trade in. If you don't have one, it's 14.99 and you get a year of game informer magazine.

I can't say for sure how much they will give you, some stuff I got more than I thought I would, and others, like the HD-DVD player, I didn't get much at all. I think they gave me $33 for it.

I would take it in to gamestop and just ask them how much they will give you. If it isn't what you want, try to sell on ebay.

I will say this, I'm very happy that I traded off my 360. I've had it for a while and was worried about the RROD. I couldn't be happier with the PS3. I've had it about a week and I feel like there is so much more that I haven't discovered with it yet.
Thanks btoner43!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #36
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
But seriously, I know that's how I'm going to feel when it comes out.
I'm going to wait until PrizeFighter, MLB2K8 and THe Show 08 are all released. I'll make my decision based on the strength of PrizeFighter and the baseball games. If PrizeFighter is great and MLB2K8 is at least good or close to what MVP2005 was, I'll keep the 360. But if PF is garbage and The Show completely kicks 2K8's ***, I'll be trading it in.
Trade it in young padowan! You know the Show will be fantastic!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Trade it in young padowan! You know the Show will be fantastic!
Your Kung-Fu is strong but my will is stronger.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 29

This is the smartest Idea, as long as u can live without Halo and Gears of war that is... PS3 the future xbox the present
Old 01-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
This is the smartest Idea, as long as u can live without Halo and Gears of war that is... PS3 the future xbox the present
Yeah, I don't care too much for either game.
I'm really into Mass Effect right now and think it's great but I can live without it.

The only exclusive title that I'm dying to own is The Show.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #40
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Yeah, I don't care too much for either game.
I'm really into Mass Effect right now and think it's great but I can live without it.

The only exclusive title that I'm dying to own is The Show.
the whole time i had the 360, I discounted the power of The Show. It was a baseball game. I've had the ps3 for a week and damn was I wrong. The Show is amazing.

Then I got motorstorm, uncharted, assassins creed, and heavenly sword. The 360 may have more games out right now, but I can live with these for the time being.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »