Home

Looking to sell my XBOX 360

This is a discussion on Looking to sell my XBOX 360 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Looking to sell my XBOX 360

For me, PS3>360 and it's not really close.

The hardware is quieter, more reliable and IMO, better. The biggest negative is that the online community is severely lacking. Seeing as I rarely ever game online, that's not a big deal to me.

The Show was a system seller for me. One of the best sports gaming experiences I have had in many years and EASILY the best next-gen sports gaming experience. Metal Gear Solid 4 is another must buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #26
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slymm
I may have someone to buy my 360 for $200 . I honestly am too impatient to do EBAY and craigslist
I understand that, but try to maximize the dollar my Chicago friend.....with all the darn prices and tax going up around here. Like Gamecock said, you might be able to get more if you bundle all of it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
The fact that games are still coming out inferior to the 360 hurts. Not blaming the hardware but this is the truth.
Very true, but for me I think the online portion is what hurts the most on the PS3. Granted I'm not a hardcore online gamer like most on here, but trying to play certain games online with the PS3 can be torture. On the flipside, I'm starting to like the PS3 much more than the 360. It is just so much cleaner with the XMB, roster sharing is so much simplier, and I never fear that the system is going to croak on me.

I bought NBA2K8 on the PS3 just a few days ago and it runs great on there, except for some of the jaggies that we were talking about. I can live with that as long as I can update rosters without a problem.

Altimus, I think you should share some of the tech talk we were discussing about the cell a few days ago. I think some of the guys here would be intrigued for your knowledge with the PS3 tech.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #27
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymanGT
I understand that, but try to maximize the dollar my Chicago friend.....with all the darn prices and tax going up around here. Like Gamecock said, you might be able to get more if you bundle all of it together.

Very true, but for me I think the online portion is what hurts the most on the PS3. Granted I'm not a hardcore online gamer like most on here, but trying to play certain games online with the PS3 can be torture. On the flipside, I'm starting to like the PS3 much more than the 360. It is just so much cleaner with the XMB, roster sharing is so much simplier, and I never fear that the system is going to croak on me.

I bought NBA2K8 on the PS3 just a few days ago and it runs great on there, except for some of the jaggies that we were talking about. I can live with that as long as I can update rosters without a problem.

Altimus, I think you should share some of the tech talk we were discussing about the cell a few days ago. I think some of the guys here would be intrigued for your knowledge with the PS3 tech.

Yeah i had the jaggie syndrome too but for the most part i like the way CH2K8 moves and feels. No issues at all IMO. I usually game alone so the online thing doesnt matter as much. I browse the web a bit and even watch tv shows from the PS3 that are on you tube and so on, so that part works for me.

The movie thing and being able to hook it up to my surround sound with the optical cable is a plus.

Although im no big fan of baseball games anymore, and while the show wasn't a system seller for me the hardware is greater than the 360's simply due to stability if nothing more.

Slymm be more patient man, and take your time because it'll likely be worth it in the end with what you get for your 360 if you sell it.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #28
Pro

truckie16's Arena

OVR: 7

Even though the only games I go online with are R6V, GR and the like(good tactical shooters), I still love the marketplace. I'm also one of those, seemingly few people who hate the PS3 controller but I also loved my original xbox big boy controller. It just feels so tiny in my hands. That and the placement of the L analog stick just bugs me to no end.

Exclusive games are more and more a thing of the past( other than 1st party). I have been disappointed with MS exclusives so far, with the exception of Mass Effect. If I were making my decsion from scratch, I would go PS3 but it's not easy to jump ship when you have so much invested already. I think I'm just going to have to convince the wife that we "need" a BD player or find some other way of keeping my 360.

Last edited by truckie16; 03-19-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #29
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Slymm be more patient man, and take your time because it'll likely be worth it in the end with what you get for your 360 if you sell it.
I'll pop a listing up on Craigslist tonight if my buyer falls through since I already promised it to him and see what type of responses I have. I honestly only expect to get about $350 for the whole shabang
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
Old 03-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #30
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Even if you do, thats's good enough to just about get yourself a 40gb PS3.

When you start building a collection of games and movies then you'll really feel good about it.

You and Streets dont play online alot anyhow right?
Old 03-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #31

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I was somewhat in the same boat but Im having trouble selling it because I already sold my first 360 to buy a PS3 and have since bought another 360, which is the one Im talking about. My problem is I dont play online at all, the roster sharing is so much easier on the PS3 and I dont see any major exclusives for the 360 that I must have. In the end I may keep it since I already have a PS3 and a Wii but its tempting to sell and add a few games or BR movies to my collection.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »