Home

New Playstation 3 Bundle?

This is a discussion on New Playstation 3 Bundle? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
New Playstation 3 Bundle?

Yesterday, I took the leap and bought a 40 gig PS3, after a year and half hemhawing. I was trying to hold out on an 80 but you all know how difficult that is. I feel that I should have waited. With GTA4 coming out in a couple of weeks, a guy at Gamestop said that it is going to be bundled with a new 80 gig system. What is the word you all have heard? I was wondering too if new deals for the 40 may come about. I haven't taken the PS3 out of the box yet, so maybe I should sit and wait to see what happens. That would be my luck, a super deal just around the corner, and I miss out on it. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: New Playstation 3 Bundle?

Return the ps3 at gamestop go buy one at Target or Walmart they give u 90 days to return electronics. When the 80gb comes out return the 40gb and get the 80gb one.
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Yesterday, I took the leap and bought a 40 gig PS3, after a year and half hemhawing. I was trying to hold out on an 80 but you all know how difficult that is. I feel that I should have waited. With GTA4 coming out in a couple of weeks, a guy at Gamestop said that it is going to be bundled with a new 80 gig system. What is the word you all have heard? I was wondering too if new deals for the 40 may come about. I haven't taken the PS3 out of the box yet, so maybe I should sit and wait to see what happens. That would be my luck, a super deal just around the corner, and I miss out on it. Thanks.
GTA has only been announced to be bundled overseas, like a number of games. It's possible the US will get a GTA ps3 bundle, but not likely. We'll only get the MGS 80 gig bundle.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

So there will be an 80 released soon? That truly is all I am after. I want the backwards compatibility and extra slots. That's just me.

In fact, I did buy the PS3 at Walmart. The return policy is on unopened merchandise, correct?
Old 04-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I thought Sony was phasing out the 80GB and just going with the 40GB? I've also heard that a 40GB MGS4 bundle is on the way....in Japan the PS3 w/ MSG4 will be limited edition.

Update: Looks like North America is getting the same bundle deal as Japan...including the LE grey PS3.

Update 2: Looks like Sony is phasing out the Motorstorm 80GB bundle for the MGS4 80GB bundle (including a DualShock 3 controller). Definitely an upgrade, IMO.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/10/...north-america/

This is what I read about the 80GB model:
http://www.psu.com/Sony-offers-no-co...0002560-p0.php
http://www.slipperybrick.com/2008/01...inue-80gb-ps3/

Though nothing more than speculation at the moment.

Last edited by GAMEC0CK2002; 04-11-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
I thought Sony was phasing out the 80GB and just going with the 40GB? I've also heard that a 40GB MGS4 bundle is on the way....in Japan the PS3 w/ MSG4 will be limited edition.
So is Playstation phasing out the backward compatibility? I researched in another thread that the MSG4 Bundle will be 80gb, but limited editon. So I could imagine the price tag on that one. I might just sigh, and jump into this 40GB I have now. Besides, I bought the Show with it, and it just screaming to be loved.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #7
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
So is Playstation phasing out the backward compatibility? I researched in another thread that the MSG4 Bundle will be 80gb, but limited editon. So I could imagine the price tag on that one. I might just sigh, and jump into this 40GB I have now. Besides, I bought the Show with it, and it just screaming to be loved.
I'd do like most suggested. Take it back and buy from Walmart, Sam's Club or Target. Then sit on it til Sony announces something.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002

Update: Looks like North America is getting the same bundle deal as Japan...including the LE grey PS3.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/10/...north-america/

This is what I read about the 80GB model:
http://www.psu.com/Sony-offers-no-co...0002560-p0.php
http://www.slipperybrick.com/2008/01...inue-80gb-ps3/

Though nothing more than speculation at the moment.
That metallic ps3 is hot. I think I'm gonna get myself one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »