Home

PS3 following down the same path as Xbox 360

This is a discussion on PS3 following down the same path as Xbox 360 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #41
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PS3 following down the same path as Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
For me the argument is fine because I personally didn't have 3,4,5,6 systems die. Nor would I. I really have a hard time understanding if the system is that faulty and strictly the fault of MS and not in some manner part of the end user...Why the F are you on your 4,5 or 6th system?

I love the 360 as well as my other systems but if I were to have multiple failures and the fuss of sending them back etc. I wouldn't have the system any longer. Luckily my system lasted quite a length of time more than most.

So I guess I'm saying if you're on your 5th or 6th system and it's of no fault of your own as to why it's failing, learn your lesson instead of complaining about it.

Get rid of it and stay with the PS3/Wii. Which I see some have done finally.
I already did get rid of my 360 after having a third die, then receiving a refurbished console from 2006 back from MS. The problem isn't the users. Mine died in ideal conditions. I don't have a dirty house, I don't smoke, have zero pets, and it's not really humid here. They sat on a well ventilated entertainment center. There's been more than enough dead 360's to discount the user at fault theory. It's the horribly designed console.

While I put up with the frustration, I can see why people would put up with it beyond 3 consoles. It has a great online community and the better games right now. MS knows this, so they figure they can get away with stringing people along with refurbished consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #42
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
i'm on my 12th 360!!!

no I'm not! I've sent in 1 that was just slightly noisy...I sent it in because i was at a buddy's and his was quiet. So I sent it in and got a new one in 3 business days.

To me it's not a 'horribly made pos' because it works perfectly, and reading the news and seeing all of the stupid things people do without even realising it, I have an extremely hard time believing that someone who's had 7 360's break, isn't the cause of the problem. The odds of that happenning are getting rediculously low too.

There are also sony users who invent a past history of terrifying RROD's that number into the thousands - which I feel almost sad that this is the case.

I'm not pointing anyone out in particular, just saying it's useful to think rationally about this...and btw, that article is idiotic and should never have seen the light of day.
I had 5 360's die on me. 4 went the way of RROD and the other one stoped reading discs and would only give me a dirty disc error. Now I can add 1 ps3 to that list thanks to the 80010514 error. I can assure you there was nothing I did wrong. I hardly played the things for more than a couple of hours at a time and always kept them in very well ventilated area. So unless there is something wrong with turning the system on, putting games in and playing them, I find it hard to believe that there was something I was doing wrong.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #43
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I already did get rid of my 360 after having a third die, then receiving a refurbished console from 2006 back from MS. The problem isn't the users. Mine died in ideal conditions. I don't have a dirty house, I don't smoke, have zero pets, and it's not really humid here. They sat on a well ventilated entertainment center. There's been more than enough dead 360's to discount the user at fault theory. It's the horribly designed console.

While I put up with the frustration, I can see why people would put up with it beyond 3 consoles. It has a great online community and the better games right now. MS knows this, so they figure they can get away with stringing people along with refurbished consoles.

Yeah I agree about the online etc is a big thing to want to give up.

I bet your house is pretty bad... probably don't do much cleaning at all. Dust bunnies the size of basketballs... slacker.

I really wasn't saying the systems failing were in fact a result of users. What I'm saying is I just find it amazing that someone would make it to 5 or 6 systems and keep supporting the system if they knew it was solely the systems fault. However like you said the system when running has a lot of good that comes with it. I guess if I was getting them fixed free each time, ok. If I'm dropping $ each time I hope I'm strong enough to say no after 2 or 3.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 47

I haven't had any porblems with the PS3, but my 360 die today. I took it back to Bestbuy and got a new. It was cool, it was still covered and I didn't have to pay a fee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »