Home

Where do you find the time?

This is a discussion on Where do you find the time? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #25
Pro

cake612's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Where do you find the time?

Mostly late at night like the rest of you guys. I work 10-6 most days and I have a lot of TV shows I try to keep up with. Usually I might get a little time in right after work if I'm not hungry and play a bit before dinner. A mission or two in GTA or a game of the show or NHL but usually I'll come home make dinner watch the sox or bruins game depending on the season and various TV shows then around 10 till 11 or 12 I'll get some solid gaming in on most nights before bed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #26
Rookie

Gamecocks625's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Sold the Wii.

Only use the PS3 for Blu-ray.
Same here, except the only console games I play are PES, NCAA Football, and SOCOM.

The DS is used mainly right before bed. EBA, Clubhouse Games, or Picross are nice games you can play just for a few minutes.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #27
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

It's been too hard to game every night, I just can't do it. Work, family, sleep, TV shows, friends, internet, just so damn much to do and not enough time. I have a quite a few games I've bought and barely touched.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #28
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't watch much TV, just 4 shows regularly. I'll play some games with my son in the evening. Then my games or xbox live after the family is in bed.

In the summer with longer days I'm outside more and game less.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:56 AM   #29
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm a stay-at-home dad and my wife makes some very good money...

...I also have a four year old son who I take to the park on a daily basis and limit to an hour of TV (give or take if we watch a movie or something) so I can't really play all day.

Seriously though, I'll average at most two hours a night, four or five nights a week with all of it coming after my son is down and sometimes when my wife heads to bed "early" (aka before 11pm). The rest of my time is spent with my family, my wife, and catching up on our DVR'ed TV shows. I'm also coaching T-Ball from now until the end of July.

While I have all three consoles, some sit for a long time unplayed, though at least the Wii can double as a family evening with the latest releases.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 05-06-2008, 03:20 AM   #30
D*d y** g*t th* m*m*?

caseyd's Arena

OVR: 16

Well, it's nice to know that I at least have some company. The older I get the less time I seem to care to make for gaming. The funny thing is that on average, my daughter and I probably play Mario Party 6 for the Gamecube (on the Wii) more than any other game. She just loves to play that.
Animal Crossing Town: Danville
Old 05-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #31
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyd
Well, it's nice to know that I at least have some company. The older I get the less time I seem to care to make for gaming. The funny thing is that on average, my daughter and I probably play Mario Party 6 for the Gamecube (on the Wii) more than any other game. She just loves to play that.
'Mario Party 5' on the Cube was the game that got my wife into gaming, followed by the addiction known as 'Animal Crossing'.

A shame the first Wii "Mario Party" was so underwhelming.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #32
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I get home at 3 pm, feed my dog and take him out to play for a while. My wife doesn't get home until 6:30 so I usually try to spend some time between 4 - 6 to game depending on what I have going on. Friday night is game night for me so I usually play from 10pm to 3am with my brothers on Xbox Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »