Home

Cleaning Your PS3?

This is a discussion on Cleaning Your PS3? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:55 AM   #9

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Cleaning Your PS3?

I remember seeing that but couldnt remember how to do it, seems legit. Has anyone here done it and found that their PS3 runs quieter? Mine isnt loud at all right now but would like to know my options if it gets to that point at all.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:16 AM   #10
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I have a 60 and so can't do the fan-thing. Wish I could. Yeah I vacuumed the vents before, but it didn't seem to do much of anything. How friggin' filthy would a PS3 have to be in order for a vacuum to clean it? Yeah, if the vents are visibly clogged with crap it might help, but my vents looked pretty clean to begin with, so rubbing a vacuum across them seemed to me like a waste of time.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #11
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I have a 60 and so can't do the fan-thing. Wish I could. Yeah I vacuumed the vents before, but it didn't seem to do much of anything. How friggin' filthy would a PS3 have to be in order for a vacuum to clean it? Yeah, if the vents are visibly clogged with crap it might help, but my vents looked pretty clean to begin with, so rubbing a vacuum across them seemed to me like a waste of time.
That's kind of what I thought too. The first time I did it, I had the PS3 turned off but I forgot to unplug it. I don't think it messed anything up though. The 2nd time I vacuumed the vents, I made sure to unplug the system. Anyway, neither time seemed to do much for the fan. I really don't think it was that dirty to start with since I keep mine covered when I'm not playing it. It's just weird that all of a sudden my fans have started to kick in to that louder mode almost as soon as I start playing anything. It used to take at least 25-30 minutes for that to happen before. Like I said in my earlier post, the system still seems to be working fine. Other than the fan being loud and going into the higher speed quickly, I've not noticed anything else going on with it. I'm just trying to figure out what's causing it now and if it possibly might be a sign something's getting ready to go wrong with it. It has me paranoid now every time I turn it on and hear the fan get louder. It's still nowhere near the 360 noise though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »