Home

VGA cables = No sound

This is a discussion on VGA cables = No sound within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: VGA cables = No sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I have a silly question, but have you made sure the line-in on your PC is not set on mute?
Not silly at all. My old computer I was talking about that the 360 sound worked on has this same issue. The line In would mute itself everytime I switch back to the PC sound. It was another odd problem with that board but it was workable. Before starting the Xbox I would just unmute it. Then it was good to go.

On this board everything is unmuted (and stays unmuted) and all the volume on all properties is set to max.

But good question. But sadly I checked that already.

Looking like I am just going to go and buy a New sound card. Instead of using the onboard sound. I ALWAYS use a sound card but this time around I was going to try and get away with the Onboard. Looks like I am going to have to buy the sound card anyway lol.

Last edited by Phobia; 12-17-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #10
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Now it has to be a Mobo problem, because if I move my 360 to the living room on my other 5:1 the sound works fine. So it has to be a mother board Issue. I have gone through everything since I am pretty decent with computers. All properties are unmuted and volumes raised to max. So it is either a encoder issue, jack is broken, other something else I am not thinking of.

Any ideas?????????????
have you done the new Mobo dance yet?

ok seriously, It'll normally be a Driver issue, or the jack itself. are you using drivers that came with the motherboard, or did you update them with drivers from online? my guess would be that the jack is out.

my 360 is connected to my PC the exact same way.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 12-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #11
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
In this method you also may want to try swearing at your mobo and kicking it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

ok seriously, It'll normally be a Driver issue, or the jack itself. are you using drivers that came with the motherboard, or did you update them with drivers from online? my guess would be that the jack is out.

my 360 is connected to my PC the exact same way.
Same thing I am thinking to Solid. Even the jack is bad or the audio drivers could be causing a conflict somewhere. I am using the most update drivers from online

I would put money on the bad jack though. Because I mean this is not that difficult to setup LOL. I have always ran my 360 this way. Sound has always worked easy as plug and go, adjust a few volume muted options and done.

I have a Creative X-Fi extreme in my old system (I gave it to my girlfriend), I think I am going to pull that card out, throw it in. I should get sound right away. 99% sure it is a bad jack or some odd bug with this board.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
In this method you also may want to try swearing at your mobo and kicking it.
Blue I told you stop beating your PC. The cops are going to take you away
Old 12-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #14
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I have no idea about the MB (so this may be of no use) you have but at one time I had a MB that had 2 areas with the same ports. I had to select which ones to use and make sure the plugs were set that way on the board to signify which inputs I wanted active....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #15
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Same thing I am thinking to Solid. Even the jack is bad or the audio drivers could be causing a conflict somewhere. I am using the most update drivers from online

I would put money on the bad jack though. Because I mean this is not that difficult to setup LOL. I have always ran my 360 this way. Sound has always worked easy as plug and go, adjust a few volume muted options and done.

I have a Creative X-Fi extreme in my old system (I gave it to my girlfriend), I think I am going to pull that card out, throw it in. I should get sound right away. 99% sure it is a bad jack or some odd bug with this board.
Let us know if pulling out your old sound card and putting it in your new Rig fixed the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I have no idea about the MB (so this may be of no use) you have but at one time I had a MB that had 2 areas with the same ports. I had to select which ones to use and make sure the plugs were set that way on the board to signify which inputs I wanted active....
Yea all my jumpers are set correctly. I am thinking that is what you were talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXZeke
Let us know if pulling out your old sound card and putting it in your new Rig fixed the issue.
Yea I will let yall know tonight. It will only take 10 mins tops to take it out and throw it in. Rebooting couple times is going to be the longest routine and getting the drivers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »