Home

Stupid 360!

This is a discussion on Stupid 360! within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #57
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Stupid 360!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Location is Austrailia? Yeah, live told me that Gammerscore couldn't be deleted, which will suck because then if I do get it back, I will have those achioevements and be labled a Cheater. I would be happy if they just let me start a new profile with 0 GS and transfer my download history over. But knowing them the most simplist **** cant be done.
Honestly, anyone can change their own profile info to cover a story. But, cheating for achievements is your own business.

However, if it was hijacked, I'd be worrying about any credit card info first, not achievements. You'll most likely end up losing the points regardless, just try to limit how much money you end up losing too. The sad thing is, a lot of these "hackers" use the Microsoft support line to get user information to get the account. Social engineering. The other way is by phising for info through sites offering free MS points for your email address.

No one should ever fill out anything for free MS points unless it's been confirmed online that's it's a legit MS promotion.

Last edited by bkfount; 05-22-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #58
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Honestly, anyone can change their own profile info to cover a story. But, cheating for achievements is your own business.

However, if it was hijacked, I'd be worrying about any credit card info first, not achievements. You'll most likely end up losing the points regardless, just try to limit how much money you end up losing too. The sad thing is, a lot of these hackers use the Microsoft support line to get user information to get the account. Social engineering. The other way is by phising for info through sites offering free MS points for your email address.

No one should ever fill out anything for free MS points unless it's been confirmed online that's it's a legit MS promotion.

While that's true about changing profile info I really don't think he would have sent the messages (and he wasn't up at 2am I'm pretty positve last night to send the messages) and I know he would never sell his profile. He was jacked IMO.
I'd be really really surprised if I wasn't right.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #59
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Candy, I'd love to believe you, just everything seems so coincidental to me.

The gamerscore change happened before you posted on OS twice stating you were the new leader. Joking would be the first post (Candyman 5 - new leader with the wink), but then you replied to TJ that everyone can bow to the new leader right after. Sorry, that's just really suspecious based on the gamerscore change.

Now, the XBL message, that didn't seem like you at all, and I don't know your sleep habits, but I believe Skyboxer when he says there's no way you would have been awake at this time.

Just very odd all around. Either way, your account is probably dead due to the hacking by whoever did it.

If you were hacked and you didn't have anything to do with this, you should probably try to figure out how. This is tied to your Windows Live ID, meaning whoever did it probably has access to your email and credit card info right now. As well, they are playing Call of Duty under your tag today.

I really hope you didn't do this Candy, I don't care about the actual achievment score, just disappointing that anyone would cheat it for "e-penis" status.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 05-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #60
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm pretty sure his account was hacked. He doesn't live in Australia and has not played some of the games on his list.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:32 AM   #61
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Is it possible his account got hijacked by using the software itself? I know with a lot of online games like Warcraft, people get scammed into using software that are hosting a keylogger. Said people might get what they were after, but then they get their accounts taken over.

If this software modifies the amount of achievement points someone has on an account, then surely one would have to input their account information to do it right? I mean, Candy or anyone couldn't just use that software to add points to my account without the username and password. So it's really not outside the realm of possibility that he could have used the software to cheat (not saying he did, just looking at this from the outside) and then the hijacker got the info from the keylogger and took over the account, sending us the message.

Good model. Give the user what they want (in this case, the points) take the account, send the message to all his friends, people who would normally trust the user, get more accounts.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 03:30 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Is it possible his account got hijacked by using the software itself? I know with a lot of online games like Warcraft, people get scammed into using software that are hosting a keylogger. Said people might get what they were after, but then they get their accounts taken over.

If this software modifies the amount of achievement points someone has on an account, then surely one would have to input their account information to do it right? I mean, Candy or anyone couldn't just use that software to add points to my account without the username and password. So it's really not outside the realm of possibility that he could have used the software to cheat (not saying he did, just looking at this from the outside) and then the hijacker got the info from the keylogger and took over the account, sending us the message.

Good model. Give the user what they want (in this case, the points) take the account, send the message to all his friends, people who would normally trust the user, get more accounts.
Hmmm... that does sound like a possibility.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #63
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97

That is interesting but I never even knew about a way to hack achievement points, not to mention to even find a place to do it. I like getting my own Achievements by myself....That is what I was proud of. My almost all Halo 3 Achievements and my Oblivion finished achievements....My RPG saves are what I am concerned about. I dont have to worry about my Credit Cards considering I have Decoy cards on my account. I leave a Old Credit Cards on my account so when I buy something I will add my new card then delete my new card after purchase. That way if something ever happended I wouldn't have to worry. I am always careful when adding my Credit Card info to anything....I did add 1600 points to my account though...Had about 1800 saved up because I wanted to get a couple of the FallOut 3 expansions...Plus the message was 100% BS considering at that time I was at Work. I work 10pm to 7am nights....

Like I said me going into the achievement thread and posting was pure corindence(Spell), I was just being stupid with a post like I usually do. Joke arround but I do see where some of you are coming from with that. I am cooled down now and cant say I would think the same thing if I was looking at the same situation....But believe me when I say I DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT hack for gammer score...I was happy with whatever I had before...Its been so long I actually got a achievement that I havenet looked at it for while. Been playing LINKS and Fever for the XBOX.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees

Last edited by Candyman5; 05-23-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #64
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
That is interesting but I never even knew about a way to hack achievement points, not to mention to even find a place to do it. I like getting my own Achievements by myself....That is what I was proud of. My almost all Halo 3 Achievements and my Oblivion finished achievements....My RPG saves are what I am concerned about. I dont have to worry about my Credit Cards considering I have Decoy cards on my account. I leave a Old Credit Cards on my account so when I buy something I will add my new card then delete my new card after purchase. That way if something ever happended I wouldn't have to worry. I am always careful when adding my Credit Card info to anything....I did add 1600 points to my account though...Had about 1800 saved up because I wanted to get a couple of the FallOut 3 expansions...Plus the message was 100% BS considering at that time I was at Work. I work 10pm to 7am nights....

Like I said me going into the achievement thread and posting was pure corindence(Spell), I was just being stupid with a post like I usually do. Joke arround but I do see where some of you are coming from with that. I am cooled down now and cant say I would think the same thing if I was looking at the same situation....But believe me when I say I DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT hack for gammer score...I was happy with whatever I had before...Its been so long I actually got a achievement that I havenet looked at it for while. Been playing LINKS and Fever for the XBOX.
I want to believe you so much because you probably wouldn't do something like this; but when Skyboxer guarantees that you weren't up at that time and now you say you were up and working...........something doesn't add up.

Why on God's green earth would you come here on OS in the leaderboard thread gloating? Wouldn't you be more concerned that your account was hacked and trying to get that worked out? I would be so worried my info got hacked that creating a thread that I am the leader would be the last thing I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »