Home

Stupid MS (E74 Refund-Related)

This is a discussion on Stupid MS (E74 Refund-Related) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Stupid MS (E74 Refund-Related)

So these *******s made an arbitrary deadline of November 1st (aka 2 DAYS AGO) for people who didn't receive a refund for an out of warranty E74 repair to call and make a claim. It's their job to notify us and their job to get the checks out to us, it was supposedly a "no action required by the customer" kind of thing, yet the burden in on us to call and request it before an arbitrary date?

So I'm out $100... damn jerkasses. Just wanted to post this for anyone else who didn't get a check and hasn't called them to make a claim yet -- you're screwed out of $100 as well. Unless we all contact MS complaining and raising hell, I think that's the way it's gonna be.

Here was the announcement hidden on their website that mentioned the November 1st deadline (bastids): http://support.xbox.com/support/en/u...egory=hardware
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Stupid MS (E74 Refund-Related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
So these *******s made an arbitrary deadline of November 1st (aka 2 DAYS AGO) for people who didn't receive a refund for an out of warranty E74 repair to call and make a claim. It's their job to notify us and their job to get the checks out to us, it was supposedly a "no action required by the customer" kind of thing, yet the burden in on us to call and request it before an arbitrary date?

So I'm out $100... damn jerkasses. Just wanted to post this for anyone else who didn't get a check and hasn't called them to make a claim yet -- you're screwed out of $100 as well. Unless we all contact MS complaining and raising hell, I think that's the way it's gonna be.

Here was the announcement hidden on their website that mentioned the November 1st deadline (bastids): http://support.xbox.com/support/en/u...egory=hardware
when theres a recall on a car they send you a letter. telling you to get it fixed. you knew that you could get your refund or whatever. its not MS for your slow poking around. you should of got in touch with them when you had the chance, its their job to contact you but its your job to follow through with it.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

if you want YOUR money back why wouldn't it be YOUR burden?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Because they expressly said there was no action required on the part of the customer. My address in their system was correct and I never received any kind of notification about the warranty extension. I wouldn't be surprised if they just never sent anything to anyone and waited for people who found out about the extension elsewhere to call... that would be a typical thing for a company to do.

They didn't send anything to me, I found about the recall on OS and was waiting patiently throughout August for the check. I did actually call in late August but got routed around all over the place and ended up not getting anything accomplished.. then I forgot about it until yesterday, which was 2 days too late.

Just annoying when they say they are doing something and then it doesn't happen. This is the same way a million companies scam people out of money -- require them to cancel or follow up with something (rebates are the best example.. people hardly ever fill them out because they're a pain in the ***) to take action instead of just doing what they are supposed to do in the first place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »