Home

What's the difference?

This is a discussion on What's the difference? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #25
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: What's the difference?

Just a quick question for you guys...

I have two options at the moment.

Option 1: PS3 Slim 120 GB, 2 controllers (1 cracked) HDMI cable-$200, he doesn't have box or receipt

Option 2: PS3 Slim 250GB, HDMI cable, God of War Collection, Motostorm, comes with the original box, no receipt, says 7 weeks old (has great feedback on eBay 1080 all perfect) for $300.

What option is better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #26
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
WTF I am proud of you man. You being a responsible adult/father.

But listen to your wife. Go and get yourself a PS3 slim. Every now and then you going to sit there and feel like playing a game of NBA 2k or The Show. Being able to have the option to relax, have a beer and play some videos games is always a great responsible thing to do. Think about it.
Thanks Phobia... It's changed me and my way of thinking, that's for sure. Marriage has did that much for me.

But the wife is great, and will let me get whatever I want, because she has this misguided perception that I deserve it, lol.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #27
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Just a quick question for you guys...

I have two options at the moment.

Option 1: PS3 Slim 120 GB, 2 controllers (1 cracked) HDMI cable-$200, he doesn't have box or receipt

Option 2: PS3 Slim 250GB, HDMI cable, God of War Collection, Motostorm, comes with the original box, no receipt, says 7 weeks old (has great feedback on eBay 1080 all perfect) for $300.

What option is better?
I'd say Option 1 because you can always upgrade the HDD if you need the space, and it's more beneficial to use a traveling case instead of the box anyway. But if you haven't given GOW a shot, the collection is always worth it. Just know that that will be cheaper than any controller that you get for the Mrs. to play games as well though.

It's a tough choice altogether, but the question is whether you'll play those games (and if you play Motorstorm with your wife, you'll need another controller). If the receipt is that important to you though, Option 2 is the only option.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #28
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Both say no receipt... That's the bad part of it. There is a guy 20 miles north who has the receipt, and Modern Warfare 2 for $250, for a 120GB.

The wife doesn't play games at all. I've tried... but she just don't. She's interested in a Wii with Wii fit... so we may end up with one of those in a few months as well.

How reliable are they? We have many problems with them on OS? That's the only issue with the receipt. I know Sony are sticklers about not providing warranty service without a receipt.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #29
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Oh yeah, for some reason I thought the second one had a receipt. It was that it had the box and that you seemed to have better contact with the owner. Hmm... still not sure on either one. I think you just need guarantees from them is all. It's tough to trust people over the Internet, but if you're going to go the cheap route, you may have to.

I like Option 3 all the same though, especially if a second controller doesn't matter much to you. That doesn't sound too bad.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #30
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

What? The 250GB route w/ the God of War Collection? The way I look at it, is $1 per GB of storage, and two games for Free along with a Phillips HDMI cable.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #31
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
What? The 250GB route w/ the God of War Collection? The way I look at it, is $1 per GB of storage, and two games for Free along with a Phillips HDMI cable.
Will, can you afford to go buy a new one? This way you won't go nuts over buying a used one and worried if there are issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #32
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I can Candy, but if I were to get a new one, then I'd be paying out the behind for it, with no accessories on top of it. I'm still not even sure that I'll buy one period. The 250GB one really sounds like a great "deal"... I believe the guy that says it works perfectly, no scratches, etc. I'm really leaning towards that one...

I don't know... I can go buy one, but I'm just really not wanting to spend that much, lol. Why must I have to analyze everything. I'll have buyers remorse regardless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »