Home

Before I quit Netflix, let me ask you...

This is a discussion on Before I quit Netflix, let me ask you... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
Banned

UncleMo's Arena

OVR: 6
Before I quit Netflix, let me ask you...

I keep looking and looking, there pretty much isn't that many movies available for instant watching, correct?

I tried to queue up Toy Story 1 for an instant watch but they wanted to send me the dang DVD. How can they not have a big library to digitally stream such an old classic like that?

I'm thinking about quitting Netflix for this reason - not a big "instant" library.

Any suggestions for other providers? I may see what's available via the playstation store for rentals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Before I quit Netflix, let me ask you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMo
I keep looking and looking, there pretty much isn't that many movies available for instant watching, correct?

I tried to queue up Toy Story 1 for an instant watch but they wanted to send me the dang DVD. How can they not have a big library to digitally stream such an old classic like that?

I'm thinking about quitting Netflix for this reason - not a big "instant" library.

Any suggestions for other providers? I may see what's available via the playstation store for rentals.
For what you're paying, Netflix is the best option. How fast is your internet connection? You might want to consider getting a usenet server. Basically the same price and you DL whatever you want to watch.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:

I always viewed the Instant option as just an extra feature. It's something I use while waiting for my movies to come in the mail.

I've never understood why this is something that makes or breaks the deal for someone. The great thing about Netflix is you can rent an UNLIMITED amount of movies for around $13 a month, and the turn around when sending something back is about three days at most.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I always viewed the Instant option as just an extra feature. It's something I use while waiting for my movies to come in the mail.

I've never understood why this is something that makes or breaks the deal for someone. The great thing about Netflix is you can rent an UNLIMITED amount of movies for around $13 a month, and the turn around when sending something back is about three days at most.
Agreed. Blu ray rentals makes it worth it, IMO. If picture quality isn't a big deal, then Instant viewing is much more important.

Let me go on record and say that if the Redbox in my area gets blu ray, I'll drop netflix that moment.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
Agreed. Blu ray rentals makes it worth it, IMO. If picture quality isn't a big deal, then Instant viewing is much more important.

Let me go on record and say that if the Redbox in my area gets blu ray, I'll drop netflix that moment.
Lol, are we the only two on right now?

I agree though, Redbox is a heck of a service. If they had bluray... I would definitely have to reconsider my allegiance to Netflix.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood

Yeah, it's not Netflix's fault the instant watch movies are somewhat limited. The movie companies don't want to offer everything yet and lose dvd cash.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

The instant watch option is great if you enjoy independent movies. If all you enjoy is big hollywood movies that play at your local multiplex for 3 months, then you'll be very disappointed with the instant watching options.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

They can't just rip movies onto their servers and start streaming them. It's the studios that are preventing every movie from being streamed.

Instant streaming is great. A lot of hit shows have their seasons up on there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »