Home

Activision/ EA Crapfest 2k10

This is a discussion on Activision/ EA Crapfest 2k10 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 11:17 PM   #9
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Activision/ EA Crapfest 2k10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I've yet to see anyone agree with Kotick on anything.
He somehow still has a job,someone must.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #10
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

Activision is a joke at this point...if blizzard wasn't a part of that company their revenue would be in the toilet. Why you would take one of the most successful developers on the planet, Infinity Ward, and not pay them their bonuses on MW2(I think that is what happened) is beyond me. Now everyone who mattered at all within IW left and went to EA. Who do you think is going to have the last laugh?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Didn't they make the Tony Hawk games in the past ? But anyway other then that and COD.....they haven't made jack crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 12:46 AM   #12
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Didn't they make the Tony Hawk games in the past ?
Yes. And then EA and Skate killed them dead.

And then Tony Hawk: Ride killed that franchise even more.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

LOL I remember Ride when I went to Walmart when that game 1st came out. That particular Walmart manager ordered 100 of those things, he just knew for sure that was going to sale like hot cakes.

Why they even had its own seperate display in the middle of the main aisle on a palet. When people seen the price of it, they were like PASS. I think they only sold 5 or 7 out of the 100 they ordered. Not too long after that blunder, I heard that manager got demoted for 3 months.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 AM   #14
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
LOL I remember Ride when I went to Walmart when that game 1st came out. That particular Walmart manager ordered 100 of those things, he just knew for sure that was going to sale like hot cakes.

Why they even had its own seperate display in the middle of the main aisle on a palet. When people seen the price of it, they were like PASS. I think they only sold 5 or 7 out of the 100 they ordered. Not too long after that blunder, I heard that manager got demoted for 3 months.
Man they still have about 20 copies of Ride anywhere it was ordered. About to be sad when they release the next one for it to be met with the same response. No one wants that crappy board and terrible game for that much.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #15
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Didn't they make the Tony Hawk games in the past ? But anyway other then that and COD.....they haven't made jack crap.
that's largely by choice though. Activision has the money to put out great titles, but chose to put all efforts into milking franchises for immediate gain.

EA caught hell from investors that looked at Activision's success while EA was pushing new IP's, rebranding others, and spending lots of money to get BioWare and Pandemic. EA now has a diverse portfolio, and even have publishing deals with Insomniac Games, the Gears of War developers who are banned from being mentioned here, Crytek, Valve, Harmonix, and the former IW guys.

Last edited by bkfount; 09-29-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #16
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
that's largely by choice though. Activision has the money to put out great titles, but chose to put all efforts into milking franchises for immediate gain.

EA caught hell from investors that looked at Activision's success while EA was pushing new IP's, rebranding others, and spending lots of money to get BioWare and Pandemic. EA now has a diverse portfolio, and even have publishing deals with Insomniac Games, the Gears of War developers who are banned from being mentioned here, Crytek, Valve, Harmonix, and the former IW guys.
There is also the EA Partners program (which I'm sure some of the devs you mentioned fall under that umbrella).

My Video Game Streams

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »