Home

PS3 latest update

This is a discussion on PS3 latest update within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
PS3 latest update

I have noticed since the latest PS3 update that my PS3 is slower. It took forever to download update and none of the others has ever taken that long plus I am re downloading a patch for MLB the show 10 that I deleted and it is takeing forever it has been 30 minutes and it is only 50% done. Anyone else seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #2
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

Re: PS3 latest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
I have noticed since the latest PS3 update that my PS3 is slower. It took forever to download update and none of the others has ever taken that long plus I am re downloading a patch for MLB the show 10 that I deleted and it is takeing forever it has been 30 minutes and it is only 50% done. Anyone else seeing this?
Lately I've had slower downloads, but that really does fall on Sony's servers. Some are lucky to be near them geographically and those of us that aren't, we get what we get. It's free. Can't really complain. *sighs*
Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXZeke
Lately I've had slower downloads, but that really does fall on Sony's servers. Some are lucky to be near them geographically and those of us that aren't, we get what we get. It's free. Can't really complain. *sighs*
Thanks. Up until this update mine has always been extremely fast with updates. I also reloaded the patch for MLB the show and it took forever( a good hour). to download before it took like 2 minutes.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Its taking FOREVER to sync trophies.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 10-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

I would recommend you guys with slow PS3's and slow download speeds to rebuild the PS3 Database. It worked wonders for me on performance and download times (trophy sync also).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
I would recommend you guys with slow PS3's and slow download speeds to rebuild the PS3 Database. It worked wonders for me on performance and download times (trophy sync also).
My stupid PS3 was required to do that. It wiped out all of the stuff on my hard drive that I couldn't back up, and the things that it saved it scattered all of it (photos no longer had albums, etc.).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 10-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
What is involved to do this? Do I need to back up all my info before doing it?
Old 10-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR_Superstar
What is involved to do this? Do I need to back up all my info before doing it?
I'm not sure how you do this as an option, but when I got a new system after sending it in for repair and restored all of my information, this part was required at the very end. As I said, it wiped out game data and save data I would prefer it never had, and all of my additional user information on the hard drive itself was not available anymore (the names on the users were there, but had asterisks at the end and said some things may not have been retrieved).

I lost anything I had ever downloaded, but thankfully my PSN name allowed me to redownload everything from my purchased list. However, things like my Rock Band exported songs were gone without the disc I don't have anymore. And as I said before, photos, videos, music, and games lost their modified information. It really pissed me off and I haven't noticed a change in download speeds.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »