Home

Ps3 is Finnaly Done.

This is a discussion on Ps3 is Finnaly Done. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ps3 is Finnaly Done.

You read it correctly, my Ps3 is finnaly done. I didnt get the YLOD, but everytime I turn my Ps3 on, there is never a signal on my HDTV. I am using the same HDMI cable plugged into my TV to my Ps3. Also, I have to turn my Ps3 off with the switch in the back. No other ways will work unless I unplug it. Is this a simple fix, or is my Ps3 dead?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Ps3 is Finnaly Done.

Is it just not correctly feeding the input signal? Try and hold onto the PS3 reset button until it gives you a few more beeps and it will give you a downgraded display, I believe 480p or something.

Plus, I wouldn't go as far as blaming the PS3 instantly, that's so overdone . Might I recommend trying out composite cables and a different television set just in case? You'll still have to do that holding onto the reset button thing though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssryry29
You read it correctly, my Ps3 is finnaly done. I didnt get the YLOD, but everytime I turn my Ps3 on, there is never a signal on my HDTV. I am using the same HDMI cable plugged into my TV to my Ps3. Also, I have to turn my Ps3 off with the switch in the back. No other ways will work unless I unplug it. Is this a simple fix, or is my Ps3 dead?
Sounds like my old 40 gig. It turned on just fine, but there was never a signal on my tv. I tried it on multiple tv's, tried both a HDMI cable and a S-Cable adapter I believe and nothing worked.

I just got a new slim PS3 because I wanted one anyways, but I'm not sure how simple it is to fix it. It was fusturating though.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

unplug your tv and plug it back in and turn on your ps3 that should work

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »