Home

Might be getting a PS3, got a couple of ?'s

This is a discussion on Might be getting a PS3, got a couple of ?'s within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
Might be getting a PS3, got a couple of ?'s

I have the best fiancee in the world. She surprised me tonight saying that as long as her finance's hold steady by April 1st (which they will), she wants to get me a PS3 and The Show as an early wedding present.

I have a couple of questions about getting the system though.

1) Best Buy offers an extended warranty for $60. I know that the PS3 warranty goes for 1 year, but should I pull the trigger on the extended as well?

2) What cables does the PS3 come with? I've looked around but haven't found a definitive answer. I'm thinking I'll have to go out and buy a HDMI or Component but want to make sure.

So excited to be getting one again. I had one 2 years ago, but had to sell it after 3 months because we were under a bit of money trouble. The Show '11, here I come!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Might be getting a PS3, got a couple of ?'s

1. Personally I wouldn't, PS3's are fairly solid and have had plenty of time to mature manufacturing. At this point I'd rather gamble $90 I won't need a warranty rather than surrender $60.

2. Monoprice/amazon/ebay/whatever and buy a cheap HDMI for <$10. PS3 comes with composite.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #3
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Congrats!

I wouldnt buy the warranty. The slim holds up very well and you shouldnt need it. You can also buy a warranty on PSN for an extra year but Im not sure how much that is.

I would get HDMI cords. Some PS3 bundles come with them but HDMI cables arent very expensive. I believe the PS3 comes with component at least thats what they did 3-4 years ago when I bought mine.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 02-15-2011, 02:01 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Depends.....some bundles come with a HDMI cable, but majority don't. However, you can get HDMI cables on monoprice website for $3.50. I love that website, stuff make it to your house 2 days later.

I get all my HDMI, Cat5, Cat6 and speaker cables from there. You pay wholesale price and not retail price.

Why pay $80 for 6ft HDMI cable at Best Buy, when you can get a 12ft HDMI cable for $3.50 ?????

Best website ever.....they sale tv wall mounts as well.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:51 AM   #5
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

In my opinion, HDMI Cables are a must for an HDTV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
I have the best fiancee in the world. She surprised me tonight saying that as long as her finance's hold steady by April 1st (which they will), she wants to get me a PS3 and The Show as an early wedding present.

I have a couple of questions about getting the system though.

1) Best Buy offers an extended warranty for $60. I know that the PS3 warranty goes for 1 year, but should I pull the trigger on the extended as well?

2) What cables does the PS3 come with? I've looked around but haven't found a definitive answer. I'm thinking I'll have to go out and buy a HDMI or Component but want to make sure.

So excited to be getting one again. I had one 2 years ago, but had to sell it after 3 months because we were under a bit of money trouble. The Show '11, here I come!!!
Congrats bro! I distinctly remember us having this conversation last year and how we were, um, ready for a new baseball experience. I got a PS3 for Christmas and the crazy thing is, out of the five games I got with it, the only game that has been in my system has been The Show 10.

That is how ridiculously awesome this game is. I feel like a geek for saying "ridiculously awesome," but I definitely geek out with this game, and 11 will be that much better.

I don't regret it for a minute and neither will you.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #7
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Even as a Supervisor as BBY, I would say you prob don't need it on the PS3. At the most, I would just do the 2 yr, just in case a fluke happens. And it's not an extended warranty, just FYI. It starts on the day of purchase. It does cover a hell of a lot more than a limited manufacturers warranty covers though. Either way, congrats, and yes, get an HDMI cable!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »