Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #28913
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

For those with PS Vue, I just started my free trial and will be keeping this if we see we are using it enough.. However question for you:

We use two routers to extend the signal throughout the house, I see in FAQ it says one IP address and only one.

Routers assign each device an IP and we have two Seperate network names but they run off the base router, the other is simply an extender and assigns no IPs nor has its own, any idea if this will cause problems in watching it on my PS4 and a fire stick at the same time?
Old 05-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #28914
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Sony won't see that, they will only see your public IP from your ISP. Router assigned IPs are just for that router and whatever is next in line.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:31 PM   #28915
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Even in your setup, if the other router is acting as an access point it's still like being only connected to one, and DHCP is doling out 192.168.100, 101, 102, 103 etc as if there's only one.

So either way, that shouldn't be an issue. Sony sees your external IP and that's where all the access is being requested, as Burns11 said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 11:41 PM   #28916
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Thanks fellas!

I gotta admit, the Vue setup is pretty sweet! We like it so far and I'm very impressed with the quality, our internet is zooming fast but I still didn't expect such clarity. It's just as clear and in HD as our cable we used to have.

Going to buy a fire stick tomorrow and set up other part of the house and barring any issues, this might be a winner.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:47 AM   #28917
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Thanks fellas!

I gotta admit, the Vue setup is pretty sweet! We like it so far and I'm very impressed with the quality, our internet is zooming fast but I still didn't expect such clarity. It's just as clear and in HD as our cable we used to have.

Going to buy a fire stick tomorrow and set up other part of the house and barring any issues, this might be a winner.
Totally worth it. It has all the channels we need and I have had no issues watching anything. Caught up on the latest three episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" last night. I love Vue and am so happy I tried it out.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:51 AM   #28918
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

I really enjoyed Vue as well when I tried it for 2 months, except for one thing... commercials. Now I am not talking live TV, because I know they are there.

I have not watched cable/live TV in over 12 years, so I just can't focus when there is 12 minutes of commercials in a 1/2 hour block. I dunno how people still do it. I just get up and never come back, lol.

It was the hope like other cable provider's DVR, where you can 'skip' the commercials or have it not record them. Unfortunately at this time skipping just bugs it out more often than not since it is cloud based, and the option to not record them is not there at all. The stream quality was fantastic for cable standards, the other features were nice as well.

Operating through the menus was a little confusing at first, but you get the hang of it. When they add it to their Android TV so I do not need the PS4 on and have to take it out of game mode for better TV watching processing effects, and they offer more options on the DVR side, I surely will resubscribe. As of now I am content with HBO Now, Netflix, MLB.tv, and Hulu.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 05-16-2016 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:02 AM   #28919
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't believe I have the proper tool to take out those screws behind the stickers. I've noticed my PS4 being louder than usual so I need to take it apart and try to clean it to make sure everything is okay.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #28920
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I don't believe I have the proper tool to take out those screws behind the stickers. I've noticed my PS4 being louder than usual so I need to take it apart and try to clean it to make sure everything is okay.
You need a T9 Security bit (that has the hole). The best place I found it at, where you can buy the bit itself that inserts into a hex magnetic screwdriver, was at ACE Hardware. They had a section with every size, in security for about $1.79 or so.

Cleaning it out does wonders, as does cleaning your graphics card in a PC. The higher pitch whines turn back into the more silent whirl, and I notice it does not run 'full bore' in games it once did when it was caked with dust.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 05-16-2016 at 12:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »