Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2016, 08:45 AM   #29153
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I think if I had to make a prediction I think we get a Neo presentation at the Tokyo Game Show in September

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not there. The Japanese gaming market is not what is once was for consoles. Hence why the PS4 for the first time was released in NA/EU before Japan.

Gamescon the earliest, but I sense Paris Games Show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Maybe after they've seen the Scorpio presentation/reveal they'll try to implement a 4K player on Neo.

Who knows, I'm excited either way and will definitely be upgrading to Neo.
4K UHD player was always slated for it.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:06 AM   #29154
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

I have a question for anyone who has the PS4 Universal Remote; I know it's not the best remote and a Harmony would be better but the Universal Media Remote has all the functions I need it to have. I am having one annoying issue with it, however. Most of the time, when I power on the PS4 by pressing the "PS" button on the remote, I get the following screen:

To get everything working, I have to get a controller, press the "PS" button, sign in, go to "Settings," then "Devices" and disconnect the remote there. Then if I press the "PS" button on the remote it will work fine. So, does anyone know of a reason why I have trouble getting the Universal Remote to work with the PS4 right away? Why do I need to use a controller to sign in, disconnect the remote, then reconnect the remote? It doesn't happen every time but this is the case 70% of the time. I keep the PS4 in "rest mode" all the time and never really power it off. Perhaps I should try that and see what happens.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #29155
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Gone Home certainly won't please everyone, very much a niche title, but I thought it was a satisfying experience. So much so that I went back and played the game with commentary on. A nice change of pace playing a game without any guns, special abilities, or Sci-Fi elements.

A game about real life issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2016, 01:12 AM   #29156
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Not there. The Japanese gaming market is not what is once was for consoles. Hence why the PS4 for the first time was released in NA/EU before Japan.

Gamescon the earliest, but I sense Paris Games Show.

4K UHD player was always slated for it.

When is Paris game show? I never heard of it in till last year? Any chance we see the Neo at the PlayStation thing in December.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:18 AM   #29157
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
When is Paris game show? I never heard of it in till last year? Any chance we see the Neo at the PlayStation thing in December.
Gamescom is at the end of August, however, an insider heard that it will be shown at Paris Games Week and then released shortly after for the holiday season. It would give the Playstation VR a good month to itself, with this option for enthusiasts, and those who want to upgrade.

Paris Games Week is October 27-31. The show sees a larger attendance than E3 in believe.

https://www.parisgamesweek.com/en/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2016, 04:09 PM   #29158
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I wear glasses & was wondering if anyone knows if the VR headset can be fitted over them when playing. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:18 PM   #29159
Banned

H8ter2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I wear glasses & was wondering if anyone knows if the VR headset can be fitted over them when playing. Thanks.

Last I heard they can't I wear glasses too. I think some though have adjustments to meet your correction level. I'm sure someone with more knowledge can spread more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #29160
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog

This was taken from someone from Kotaku Uk who tested all the headsets and thought that Sony was best. I'm also wondering myself as I'm now wearing most of the times.

However, each person is different, and motion sickness could be your biggest obstacle. Gamestop and Best Buy will be showcasing them June 24th. Best advice is to test them yourself.

Quote:
PlayStation VR was the most comfortable, for two reasons. The weight of the headset is mostly on your forehead and the top of your head rather than your face, thanks to the positioning of the headband, which means you barely feel any pressure on the nose. Secondly, instead of solid black foam blocking out the gaps between the headset and your face, it has flexible black rubbery plastic that doesn’t interfere with your frames.

The weirdest thing about VR for a glasses-wearer is that you suddenly have perfect peripheral vision. My whole life I’ve seen the world through rectangular lenses, and in VR my field of view was suddenly much wider.

No matter what headset I was using, I’m still finding that VR gives me a bit of a hangover-like headache after prolonged use. I can’t tell you whether this is a problem with my brain, with my glasses, or with the tech—my suspicion is that I’ll adapt to it with time—but I feel like staring through four lenses right up against your face is probably not the greatest idea for your vision.

Unfortunately, without glasses, I can’t see in VR properly. I don’t know enough about ocular physiology to understand why this is, but the adjustable focus on the headsets is never enough to help me see. I’m going to try putting contact lenses in when I get these things at home. If you can cope without your glasses, that is going to be the most comfortable option, but the good news is all the different headsets are perfectly usable with specs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »