Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2016, 09:38 PM   #29169
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
So glad I will be able to test out PSVR before buying blind.

I'm pretty much a no go on NEO until I get a 4K TV which will probably be about a year from now. So If VR is cool I think that would be a better use of my money than NEO and 4K right now.
Good thought. I have a 4K TV but I really don't need both right now. I mainly want the VR experience IF it's worth it. So plan is, if I like it.. get VR first then talk wife into the NEO for my B-Day gift next year.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-18-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:12 AM   #29170
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I've gone from "gonna wait and see" with PSVR to pretty close to picking up on Day 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same here, NEO & PSVR both day one for me.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:20 AM   #29171
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Great question. I also wear glasses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I wear glasses & was wondering if anyone knows if the VR headset can be fitted over them when playing. Thanks.
PSVR has been said to be easy to wear with glasses, during E3 I saw several people play PSVR and say it's no issue with glasses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #29172
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales
I have a question for anyone who has the PS4 Universal Remote; I know it's not the best remote and a Harmony would be better but the Universal Media Remote has all the functions I need it to have. I am having one annoying issue with it, however. Most of the time, when I power on the PS4 by pressing the "PS" button on the remote, I get the following screen:

To get everything working, I have to get a controller, press the "PS" button, sign in, go to "Settings," then "Devices" and disconnect the remote there. Then if I press the "PS" button on the remote it will work fine. So, does anyone know of a reason why I have trouble getting the Universal Remote to work with the PS4 right away? Why do I need to use a controller to sign in, disconnect the remote, then reconnect the remote? It doesn't happen every time but this is the case 70% of the time. I keep the PS4 in "rest mode" all the time and never really power it off. Perhaps I should try that and see what happens.
I finally remembered to try this and it worked as it should. I'll have to try more to get a larger sample size. This was from rest mode, btw. I did press the blue PS4 device button (I have other devices programmed) before pressing the PS button, so I'm not sure if that matters of not.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 06-20-2016, 08:53 AM   #29173
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I finally remembered to try this and it worked as it should. I'll have to try more to get a larger sample size. This was from rest mode, btw. I did press the blue PS4 device button (I have other devices programmed) before pressing the PS button, so I'm not sure if that matters of not.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response. It seems whenever I have to press that blue "PS4" device button first is when it happens. I need to do some more testing to see what events take place for that message to pop up. Just annoying that the remote does connect because I can see it under the "Settings," "Devices" menu. It just won't control the system unless it's disconnected then reconnected.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #29174
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
I have 140gb free on my hard drive, but my PS4 still will not allow me to download any games.

Every time I try it says "Cannot Download. To download the content, you must delete unnecessary content from system storage."

I've tried clearing even more space, shutting down and restarting the console, removing the game from the download q and then going back into my library and starting it again, and finding it in the store and triggering the download from there. I also tried multiple games to verify.

Anyone had this happen before ? I slept it off and tried again this morning and my system downloaded a Sharefactory update over night, but still no dice.
I'm running into this now. I've got around 50gb left on my 1tb drive and it's giving me errors trying to get the Witcher 3 1.22 update.

Edit: So I contacted Sony, because I was curious. The rep said when there's an update, the system uninstalls the game, downloads the update and then reinstalls everything. For whatever reason, it doesn't give you back the space while it's doing that, so you essentially need double the space of the game to install the update.

I deleted The Witcher (freeing up the original 53gb or so) and then reinstalled. Now it's taking the update.

Kind of a pain, but at least there's an explanation (sort of).

Edit 2: Although that doesn't really explain Chase's situation.

Last edited by LowerWolf; 06-21-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:28 AM   #29175
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I really would like to learn about the ps neo.

New ps4 controllers coming ?
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gami...Xbox-One-Elite
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 09:49 AM   #29176
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I really would like to learn about the ps neo.

New ps4 controllers coming ?
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gami...Xbox-One-Elite
I would love for the PS4 to get an elite type controller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »