Home

Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons

This is a discussion on Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #57
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Hey if it works for you and others thats awesome, my only issue was suggesting that anyone who downplays the TV side of the Xbox One is merely doing it to discredit the system or the company as thats too broad of an answer and nowhere near accurate. I hope everyone loves their console of choice for whatever reason suits them in the end.
Everyone's comments are in context. It's when you start sticking up for arguments that are not your own that the quicksand grabs the thread and pulls it under. Why don't we just move on, you're clearly not and owner of both discussing the pros and cons.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't have either system...yet.

...but i'm very amused by the complete 180 people have pulled this gen. When the 360 was out and chugging along, followed by the late PS3 release, all the Xbox fans were scoffing at PS3 fans because the PS3 was trying to be more than just a gaming machine because of the Blu Ray inclusion. Now it's the other way around. Just a pretty funny observation so far.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #59
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theschill38
I don't have either system...yet.

...but i'm very amused by the complete 180 people have pulled this gen. When the 360 was out and chugging along, followed by the late PS3 release, all the Xbox fans were scoffing at PS3 fans because the PS3 was trying to be more than just a gaming machine because of the Blu Ray inclusion. Now it's the other way around. Just a pretty funny observation so far.

I think it's the same people. Nobody wanted an extra 100 dollar machine because of forced on blu ray to be in the middle of a format war.

Same here. Nobody wanted a forced camera and all that other crap they were spewing before with the extra 100 dollar price tag.

Is simple math but you have xbox fans trolling ex xbox fans/owners or whatever you wanna call it. ... even people who still own the 360 with the old kinect

That's why the whole war thing is ridiculous in the first place

Galaxy Note 2
Old 11-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #60
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think it's the same people. Nobody wanted an extra 100 dollar machine because of forced on blu ray to be in the middle of a format war.

Same here. Nobody wanted a forced camera and all that other crap they were spewing before with the extra 100 dollar price tag.

Is simple math but you have xbox fans trolling ex xbox fans/owners or whatever you wanna call it. ... even people who still own the 360 with the old kinect

That's why the whole war thing is ridiculous in the first place

Galaxy Note 2
You also have PS4 fans trolling as well. It's one thing to say you don't care about a feature, but some completely dismiss it as a feature because they need to justify their own purchase....this is no different than any console war.

IMO i'm not looking for a war, I want to know everything about both so I make a good decision. With a kid on the way I'm no longer able to buy every system and play games for hours....I can only justify one console this generation (at least for a few years)....
Old 11-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #61
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Mgo I could be wrong totally but from what I've seen. .... the main reason is being said is because peiple have gone into the ps4 thread about how much better a multi function entertainment box it is out whatever the story is. This saturday was a prime example but besides the point who cares.

We've all seen what was offered since e3 which was plenty enough timeto decide and people made their decisions.

I don't understand the pandering to be honest. If you like said system just play it and have fun. If you want both then do that too of you want.

If you want one system over the other that's fine but don't front like you're trying to be objective when you're not and kicking up this console war crap again.

To the threads credit there are no cons really besides more exclusives dropping next year. Why can't we leave it there.

Galaxy Note 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #62
Rookie

Jepockn's Arena

OVR: 0

i have ps4/xbone and wii u.

Cant really report any negatives to be honest. loving them all
Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm thrilled with having both systems. Ps4 in my office for gaming, Xbox One in the main living area for the whole family with plenty of room for Kinect. At first I didn't like the Xbone controller, but after playing Forza a couple of hours, I love it.

Of all the forthcoming games, I believe I'm the most stoked for Witcher 3 and Titanfall.

I have only Forza for the Xbone, and while the game looks great, the boring tracks wear me out. I hope they add many new and interesting tracks.

Probably the coolest thing I've seen so far with the new systems is playing PS4 games on my Vita. To me, it's worth the price of a Vita. My wife can watch TV while I play an amazing looking game of NBA2K on the Vita. It's an absolutely phenomenal feature.

All in all, I am thrilled with the new systems. I knew the games wouldn't be great due to having to meet launch deadlines, but the 3rd party games like Madden, NBA2K, BF4, Ghosts, and Need for Speed look great. Madden is the game I have played most. It's hands down the best version of Madden ever.

I think anyone who got both systems is going to be happy they were able to afford them. Gaming is my thing. I don't hunt, golf(shoulder is ruined), or really anything else hobby-wise. So I feel pretty good about my purchases and haven't experienced buyer's remorse a single time.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #64
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Both systems are good leaps forward for consoles.

In the past I was mostly an XBox gamer first. My XBox and 360 library has ALWAYS dwarfed my PS3 library. I always thought the XBox and 360 games looked and played better than PS3 in MOST cases.

A small caveat for me is.....I RARELY watch TV....so for me the Media Center capabilities mean very little.

From what little I've seen so far....the PS4 is now the gaming console that looks and plays better than it's counterpart XBone.

Then there is the elephant in the room that IMO totally tilts the scale in regards to gaming.
The Show.

Checkmate.

(but I'm sure there will be XBone exclusives that tilt the scale back a bit as well.....Titanfall will certainly be one.)

If gaming is your thing....PS4. NO DOUBT.
If you really need a Media Center and gaming is not as important. XBone.(I'm sorry...I'd be a hypocrite for deriding the PS3 versions of games available on both platforms for being behind the 360 versions and give it a pass this time around)

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »