Home

Nintendo Switch Discussion

This is a discussion on Nintendo Switch Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 01:31 AM   #3601
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

I don’t think Pokémon Go would work on the Switch. You’d need cellular data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #3602
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I don’t think Pokémon Go would work on the Switch. You’d need cellular data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
well I think I prob should have said that instead of having a mobile game they had a switch game getting readied
Old 03-17-2018, 04:05 PM   #3603
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

I think Nintendo has been doing fine. I mean the launch year was an extremely successful year for Nintendo mainly due to the two big games (Zelda and Odyssey). Outside of that, they're getting support from developers like Bethesda and Activision (see Crash Bandicoot) and more. The Switch is also setting itself up to be a great indie game machine.

As for the games Tomba mentioned, Pokemon was revealed to be in development at E3 last year so we know it's still a while off. Animal Crossing was available on phones, so they clearly still value that franchise. Fire Emblem has Fire Emblem Warriors and had a 3DS game release last year.

My point is that they're trying to spread all these titles apart and the time will come for us to enjoy these big Nintendo IPs. In the meantime, they're getting tons of dev support which was a clearly lacking in past Nintendo consoles despite solid overall sales.

If there's one thing I'm not confident about related to the Switch, it's how they're going to incorporate online and how it will hold up after the paywall is initiated.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #3604
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Sooo I borrowed my brothers switch. Just to play a few games. Especially with my prewife. She's totally into it!! I'm really happy to play games with her. As of right now we have Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Snippets clips, Mario Kart and 1-2 Switch. And I think we're been rotating between Odyssey, Snip and Kart. 1-2 switch is awesome for groups. Especially the party mode. I think we have to buy one lol.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:40 PM   #3605
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Sooo I borrowed my brothers switch. Just to play a few games. Especially with my prewife. She's totally into it!! I'm really happy to play games with her. As of right now we have Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Snippets clips, Mario Kart and 1-2 Switch. And I think we're been rotating between Odyssey, Snip and Kart. 1-2 switch is awesome for groups. Especially the party mode. I think we have to buy one lol.
I had a group of 4 playing Snipperclips a while back before I purchased my own Switch and we had an absolute blast with that game.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 06:02 PM   #3606
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I had a group of 4 playing Snipperclips a while back before I purchased my own Switch and we had an absolute blast with that game.
I just found out a huge problem guys. And this sucks balls. So I brought a bunch of games on my brothers switch digital. Because I'm looking into buying a switch of my own. But I just found out you can't share games on the switch. So if you buy one copy from the store. You can only play it on one switch. WTF..... For a family that buys several switches. They have to buy a game for each switch. Yeah, I'm probably out. This sucks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #3607
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't know if this helps, but when you get your own switch, you can either transfer your entire profile over to the new one which will move all your game purchases and saves, or deactivate your Nintendo account on this console and activate it on the new one, which will allow you to redownload your purchases on the new Switch. However, you won't have any of the save data associated with them (curse you lack of cloud saves!)

Go Badgers!
Old 03-19-2018, 06:51 PM   #3608
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
I don't know if this helps, but when you get your own switch, you can either transfer your entire profile over to the new one which will move all your game purchases and saves, or deactivate your Nintendo account on this console and activate it on the new one, which will allow you to redownload your purchases on the new Switch. However, you won't have any of the save data associated with them (curse you lack of cloud saves!)
Oh I saw that. But that doesn't help me at all. I brought 3 of those games on my brother account.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »