Home

New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season

This is a discussion on New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2020, 06:29 PM   #1793
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season

I am almost done with Spider Man remastered and beat first real boss in Demon Souls. But keep going back to playing COLD war MP at 120fps and switching between xbox series x and ps5. The same account so progress carries over which is great.

Am beasting right now with the Milano
Old 11-18-2020, 09:40 PM   #1794
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
Damn Peter, what happened? I thought you had them pre ordered?

Never had PS5 pre-ordered. Had the opportunity when pre-orders went live that night on Amazon but didn't have my CC info saved and by the time I did all that, they were gone. Since then, I have only seen bundles which im not doing for either console.

As for Series X, I had 3 pre-ordered. 1 from Amazon which I cancelled shortly after pre-ordering because they sent me an email saying it was going to be past the November 10th release date in which I would receive it so I said bye bye. Had the Microsoft Store and Best Buy pre-ordered.

Microsoft Store charged my Debit Card on Oct 30th and on Nov 5th, the charge was refunded. Talking to MS Cust Service got me nowhere and Chase said it was up to the merchant to claim the funds which never did.

While this was going on, I cancelled the Best Buy pre-order on Nov 2nd thinking I was good and not wanting to get charged for two consoles. That obviously backfired. As of Mon Nov 9th, Microsoft still didn't charge me so I knew I wasn't getting it for launch so I decided to cancel it.

Also, I was approved for a Best Buy CC on the 9th where every $499 purchase made on it gives you 18 months to pay it off with no interest so it made the decision easier to cancel the MS pre-order since it was around 9pm EST and nothing was happening so I was like screw it.

With the BB CC, I already bought a new laptop PC which I needed anyway and am trying to at least the Series X by Christmas via Best Buy as I will have 18 months to pay it off with no interest. Same applies to the PS5 in this regard but I care much more about the Series X.

Once I was approved for the BB CC and I knew I wasn't getting it at launch, it was easier for me to save the actual money and try to get one using the BB CC instead. I know BB will have them for Black Friday so I will try to snag one then.

I have to Christmas to get the consoles with no interest for 18 months. If I can't get at the very least get the X, I will just wait until the Spring when it's in stock and I can just order it at any time and just have it shipped to me.

Funny part is that before I was refunded for the console from MS, I pre-ordered Bright Memory and AC Valhalla gold edition digitally. I also have WD Legion on disc for XSX. I also bought Miles for PS5 on disc.

I have 1gig internet speed that I upgraded two weeks ago. I have the LG CX OLED. My new TV stand and my two gaming chairs.

Here's the best part....notice how I have every thing but the two main items??? LMFAO. Even I laugh my butt off when I think about it. But no biggie, just a matter of time before I have the X (and PS5).

Last edited by peter42O; 11-18-2020 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:59 PM   #1795
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Never had PS5 pre-ordered. Had the opportunity when pre-orders went live that night on Amazon but didn't have my CC info saved and by the time I did all that, they were gone. Since then, I have only seen bundles which im not doing for either console.

As for Series X, I had 3 pre-ordered. 1 from Amazon which I cancelled shortly after pre-ordering because they sent me an email saying it was going to be past the November 10th release date in which I would receive it so I said bye bye. Had the Microsoft Store and Best Buy pre-ordered.

Microsoft Store charged my Debit Card on Oct 30th and on Nov 5th, the charge was refunded. Talking to MS Cust Service got me nowhere and Chase said it was up to the merchant to claim the funds which never did.

While this was going on, I cancelled the Best Buy pre-order on Nov 2nd thinking I was good and not wanting to get charged for two consoles. That obviously backfired. As of Mon Nov 9th, Microsoft still didn't charge me so I knew I wasn't getting it for launch so I decided to cancel it.

Also, I was approved for a Best Buy CC on the 9th where every $499 purchase made on it gives you 18 months to pay it off with no interest so it made the decision easier to cancel the MS pre-order since it was around 9pm EST and nothing was happening so I was like screw it.

With the BB CC, I already bought a new laptop PC which I needed anyway and am trying to at least the Series X by Christmas via Best Buy as I will have 18 months to pay it off with no interest. Same applies to the PS5 in this regard but I care much more about the Series X.

Once I was approved for the BB CC and I knew I wasn't getting it at launch, it was easier for me to save the actual money and try to get one using the BB CC instead. I know BB will have them for Black Friday so I will try to snag one then.

I have to Christmas to get the consoles with no interest for 18 months. If I can't get at the very least get the X, I will just wait until the Spring when it's in stock and I can just order it at any time and just have it shipped to me.

Funny part is that before I was refunded for the console from MS, I pre-ordered Bright Memory and AC Valhalla gold edition digitally. I also have WD Legion on disc for XSX. I also bought Miles for PS5 on disc.

I have 1gig internet speed that I upgraded two weeks ago. I have the LG CX OLED. My new TV stand and my two gaming chairs.

Here's the best part....notice how I have every thing but the two main items??? LMFAO. Even I laugh my butt off when I think about it. But no biggie, just a matter of time before I have the X (and PS5).

Yea man you don’t cancel until one ships. Anything thing Amazon sent everyone that email and I still received mine on release date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2020, 10:00 PM   #1796
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
I am almost done with Spider Man remastered and beat first real boss in Demon Souls. But keep going back to playing COLD war MP at 120fps and switching between xbox series x and ps5. The same account so progress carries over which is great.

Am beasting right now with the Milano

I beat Miles yesterday. Game is really nice but super short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2020, 11:32 PM   #1797
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
Yea man you don’t cancel until one ships. Anything thing Amazon sent everyone that email and I still received mine on release date

Yeah, lesson learned. But it's all good. Keeps my life time streak of never buying any console for launch intact though. LOL. Only PS4 Pro I purchased for launch but since that was mid-gen refresh and not an actual next gen console launch, I don't count it. Hehe.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:48 PM   #1798
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Yeah, lesson learned. But it's all good. Keeps my life time streak of never buying any console for launch intact though. LOL. Only PS4 Pro I purchased for launch but since that was mid-gen refresh and not an actual next gen console launch, I don't count it. Hehe.
Yeah, that doesn't count.

Until I see MLB The Show, I think I can firmly say I have no problem waiting to try a Pro version of this console generation. I also want to see what kinds of PS5 games come out on PC, and how my computer can take them compared to said console, or its Pro equivalent down the line.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »