Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-06-2021, 02:20 AM   #545
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Nearly a month with the S and I have zero regrets buying it. All I play on it right now is The Show, NBA 2k21, some Madden, a little NHL, and Viva Pinata TIP. I'm going to play some Skate 3 soon, but simply spending very little on a console and basically having GamePass already giving me any game I'd want to play is such a good model.

Microsoft really killed it with GamePass. Even on PC I was a big fan of the program. Now that I have an S as well the subscription carries basically twice the value it had before for me. I hope the future of gaming includes more models like this as long as they remain this beneficial to the consumer.

I'd have to see the numbers to understand if this type of model does benefit the gaming companies more than the traditional method because it seems like the model is so beneficial to someone like me that I feel like I'm stealing from developers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2021, 11:09 AM   #546
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Nearly a month with the S and I have zero regrets buying it. All I play on it right now is The Show, NBA 2k21, some Madden, a little NHL, and Viva Pinata TIP. I'm going to play some Skate 3 soon, but simply spending very little on a console and basically having GamePass already giving me any game I'd want to play is such a good model.

Microsoft really killed it with GamePass. Even on PC I was a big fan of the program. Now that I have an S as well the subscription carries basically twice the value it had before for me. I hope the future of gaming includes more models like this as long as they remain this beneficial to the consumer.

I'd have to see the numbers to understand if this type of model does benefit the gaming companies more than the traditional method because it seems like the model is so beneficial to someone like me that I feel like I'm stealing from developers.

They must be raking in money with Game Pass. We know consoles sell at a loss, but so does Sony's. Sony's strategy to make more was to raise the cost of PS5 games. Plus Game Pass tends to lock you into the ecosystem more and want you to stay. I'd be interested to know how profitable it is, but the monthly fee, even if we get great sales, is still at least 5 bucks a month for a ton of users.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #547
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
They must be raking in money with Game Pass. We know consoles sell at a loss, but so does Sony's. Sony's strategy to make more was to raise the cost of PS5 games. Plus Game Pass tends to lock you into the ecosystem more and want you to stay. I'd be interested to know how profitable it is, but the monthly fee, even if we get great sales, is still at least 5 bucks a month for a ton of users.

For a closer analysis, there is a picture for 2019 regarding profits recently revealed and no doubt that Game Pass is a major contributor. Sounds like their take is a 30% cut thanks to the sales of software and add-ons on their store, which should be competitive with everyone else. Although it was listed as $2.2B, and ranked by the Gaming Industry, Microsoft redacted it for unknown reason with their Executive Summary pictured below but it was published in a different presentation. Sony also did well, ranking third behind Tencent and Apple with $4.1B. I'm sure 2020 will be even better with the pandemic lock downs as record gaming sales occurred during this past year.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1389999127069667335

Spoiler

Last edited by Picci; 05-07-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #548
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I believe Microsoft's cut is only 12% now, not 30%. 30 used to be the industry standard, but Epic was the first to go to 12% and that's becoming the standard now as all platforms fight to remain competitive.

― Plato
Old 05-07-2021, 09:33 PM   #549
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Still 30 on consoles, they reduced it for the pc store.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2021, 11:38 AM   #550
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Only issue I'd have with that:

1. The USB is on the right side, my PC is to my left. I am currently still trying to get wireless working well enough with my PC, just the latency is bad so I can't monitor my mic, too distracting

2. It's a pretty big headset for meetings. I'm probably getting some good earbuds for this purpose at some point.
Can you plug the usbc into a phone and work? I know Bluetooth works just wondering

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #551
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Gave up on the Xbox Wireless Headset for PC use. It's fine, but because I use a GOXLR and prefer to monitor my mic, the latency I just can't get past.

My other wireless headphones were fine (before the charging port literally fell out) because they had an aux input in the base. No option for that with this headset, instead that input goes back into the PC and you can 'listen' to that input - introducing latency.

Keeping it, but it'll be relegated to Xbox use, which is relatively infrequent. I do a lot of my console gaming recently via the streaming beta.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 04:50 PM   #552
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Gave up on the Xbox Wireless Headset for PC use. It's fine, but because I use a GOXLR and prefer to monitor my mic, the latency I just can't get past.

My other wireless headphones were fine (before the charging port literally fell out) because they had an aux input in the base. No option for that with this headset, instead that input goes back into the PC and you can 'listen' to that input - introducing latency.

Keeping it, but it'll be relegated to Xbox use, which is relatively infrequent. I do a lot of my console gaming recently via the streaming beta.
So if you don't really monitor the mic it's probably not an issue?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »