Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-30-2021, 02:46 PM   #665
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

I really hope Game Pass and everything is sustainable long term for them...if they're making money and making a lot then it stands that it is, which is great for gamers. Infinitely more value than Sony or Nintendo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2021, 06:09 PM   #666
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Given the boost the entire industry saw due to Covid and everyone being home all of last year that jump isn't as surprising. It's still a great sign and hopefully one that points towards GamePass being a money maker even with its current model. My biggest fear is the subscription being so great now because they're throwing money left and right to get amazing content on there to drive up subscriptions, but once they hit a certain number the subscription starts to slowly lose value over time because they maybe don't feel inclined to dish out tons of money for things that made a splash like The Show, all EA Sports titles, etc.

― Plato
Old 07-30-2021, 09:51 PM   #667
MVP

OVR: 0

Microsoft is absolutely crushing it with Xbox this generation. And to think that it's literally before their major top tier AAA exclusives start releasing.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:11 AM   #668
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Given the boost the entire industry saw due to Covid and everyone being home all of last year that jump isn't as surprising. It's still a great sign and hopefully one that points towards GamePass being a money maker even with its current model. My biggest fear is the subscription being so great now because they're throwing money left and right to get amazing content on there to drive up subscriptions, but once they hit a certain number the subscription starts to slowly lose value over time because they maybe don't feel inclined to dish out tons of money for things that made a splash like The Show, all EA Sports titles, etc.
I worry this as well but also know they couldn't really go much higher without losing people. Plus I think we really underestimate the power of ecosystem and subscriptions...they still probably get a ton of money and more people likely to keep paying

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2021, 09:52 AM   #669
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm currently waiting to be able to upgrade from the Series S to the Series X, but I must admit...and I was thinking about this last night while watching a game play out on NBA 2k21...it's gonna be hard for me to part ways with my Series S. I know I don't have to; but to have it and the Series X seems like a waste because the X will do everything the S does and do it better. But man, I love the way that little console looks and it has been my entry into Next Gen so it has some sentimental value. Is that corny??
Old 08-02-2021, 10:05 AM   #670
Pro

OVR: 4

Has anyone had any luck with fixing input lag with Dolby Vision, I've definitely got it active on my TV (X900F), and there's a ton of threads regarding how that particular TV suffers with dimming, that is fixed with a firmware update. Looks great, but the input lag is killing me. No option to change it to a DV Game mode on the TV.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-04-2021, 01:52 PM   #671
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Oh, at this point current gen is absolutely garbage for Exclusives, or lack there of. I will not disagree with that. I think we are focusing too much on current gen, though. There are a lot of previous gen games that he could get a lot out of, in my opinion.
YES!!! THIS!!!! WHAT ARE THEY???!!!

LOL, that's what I am trying to understand, I have NEVER owned an XBox system - so what exclusives are available that I have missed out on as a strict PS guy (since the original PS1)? They can be old generation games too...

All I know about is Flight Simulator, Halo, Forza (I'm not a racing guy), Fable, and Gears of War. Surely there is more.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2021, 11:46 PM   #672
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
YES!!! THIS!!!! WHAT ARE THEY???!!!

LOL, that's what I am trying to understand, I have NEVER owned an XBox system - so what exclusives are available that I have missed out on as a strict PS guy (since the original PS1)? They can be old generation games too...

All I know about is Flight Simulator, Halo, Forza (I'm not a racing guy), Fable, and Gears of War. Surely there is more.....
Those are the best ones, so you will hear them a lot.

You can also try State of Decay and Jade Empire. The Rare Replay Collection has some solid old games, though not necessarily Xbox Exclusive games.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »