Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-30-2023, 09:32 PM   #1137
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
Ah Pete, leave the Playstation fanboys alone. Don't forget it was their minions that made Bethesda lots of cash. I can't stand the acquisition because of the losses of a PSVR studio support.

Thursday, 8 hours before early access the embargo is lifted but you have to wonder how much can you really review this?
Reviewers had two weeks. They should be able to finish at least the main story campaign. Not that this matters. Reviewers gave Baldur's Gate 3 perfect scores yet majority of them didn't complete the game. Same with Elden Ring, it's like 97 or something yet majority of reviewers didn't complete that game either. For gaming media, it's all about clicks, web traffic and ad revenue. Nothing more and nothing less.

As for VR, Sony themselves barely if at all support PSVR 2 and third parties are already jumping ship faster than they did with Wii U. So third party or not, chances are, you wouldn't have gotten PSVR 2 ports anyway. Not only that but pre-acquisition, Zenimax was going in a heavy live service online multi-player direction which wouldn't have benefited VR in general.

Last edited by peter42O; 08-30-2023 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:15 PM   #1138
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

7-8ish for Starfield from what i can see...still sounds great to me, and honestly I know past games were janky and whatnot so it's not like Bethesda releases perfect things, yet Skyrim and all live on.

More just has me realizing how reviews really just encapsulate that opinion...and scores are so arbitrary. Hard to really factor in scope and things for a smaller game vs. big game, etc.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:59 PM   #1139
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
7-8ish for Starfield from what i can see...still sounds great to me, and honestly I know past games were janky and whatnot so it's not like Bethesda releases perfect things, yet Skyrim and all live on.

More just has me realizing how reviews really just encapsulate that opinion...and scores are so arbitrary. Hard to really factor in scope and things for a smaller game vs. big game, etc.
Looking more like 87-90 now with more reviews.

The 7/10s are very minimal.

Its going to be a good game, maybe not a great game, but a very good game.

With mods? Yeah, maybe a great game!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2023, 01:01 PM   #1140
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Looking more like 87-90 now with more reviews.

The 7/10s are very minimal.

Its going to be a good game, maybe not a great game, but a very good game.

With mods? Yeah, maybe a great game!

Actually reading the reviews I'm feeling good about it...the scores can be whatever, but it sounds fun, just a really deep game with a lot to do and a lot of time
Old 08-31-2023, 01:03 PM   #1141
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Actually reading the reviews I'm feeling good about it...the scores can be whatever, but it sounds fun, just a really deep game with a lot to do and a lot of time
Yeah, same here. I don't really care about reviews for myself. I need to play a game to see how I like it.

Both the new Zelda games I personally would give 6/10s to. Not my jam, but for many they are the best games ever, lol.

Horizon Zero? 3/10 for me. Everyone else? WAY higher, lol.

This game is going to be fun to explore, and playthrough.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2023, 05:05 PM   #1142
Go Wings!

Playing through all the beginning concentrating on story stuff but it’s great. I can see how it’s not really fly anywhere you want and explore, like nms, but to be honest that’s somewhat boring. I love all the missions and story content

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2023, 08:17 PM   #1143
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Playing through all the beginning concentrating on story stuff but it’s great. I can see how it’s not really fly anywhere you want and explore, like nms, but to be honest that’s somewhat boring. I love all the missions and story content

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't wait to play this on Tuesday, but from watching the streams it has bored me to death. UGH
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 09-13-2023, 02:45 PM   #1144
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Recently, IPv6 stopped showing in my network settings out of the blue. The fix was to set up 'address reservation' in my router settings, which straightened everything out.

However, now, when there is a game that needs an update, for whatever reason they will start and stall at 1mbps download speed! To update a game now, I have to go back into my router settings, turn off address reservation, restart my Xbox, and then games will update normally.

I don't understand why this happens. This setting does not affect my online multiplayer experience at all.

It's pretty annoying. If I remove address reservation settings in my router completely, then IPv6 is disabled altogether in my network settings.

Any ideas on what's up with this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »