Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2024, 02:57 PM   #1217
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Because Steam Deck so popular, a portable system would also fuel their Xbox Anywhere concepts...
I definitely understand that part, but as much as MS has been struggling with their Hardware sales in gaming this generation, I don't think this is such a smart move. I guess when you have trillions of dollars, you are willing to try everything. IMO I think this handheld will only intrigue hardcore guys like us.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 03-28-2024, 08:08 AM   #1218
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/27/2...ion-leak-rumor

Old 03-28-2024, 09:41 AM   #1219
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBoyle78
Why? They can’t move their current systems now, do they truly think a handheld will do any better?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
According to VGCharts they are both getting dominated by Switch. 57%, PS5 25%, xbox 18%. IMHO Xbox wants PC/Xbox to be one and the same and then adding a handheld competes with steam deck on pc side and then Switch on the traditional handheld side.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:46 AM   #1220
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Oof. I really don't like that. Makes it look cheap, lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2024, 10:49 AM   #1221
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Oof. I really don't like that. Makes it look cheap, lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
It's essentially a white all-digital Series X with a improved heatsink. I would get it more if it was a Series X slim. I can see them still doing a mid-gen refresh next year like how Sony is doing. I know they're focus is still on Gamepass, but I rather see a mid gen refresh than them just doing a variance of what they already have half way into the generation. If it's only going to be about $50 less, I would still opt for base Series X because of disc drive.

The main reason I want to see them do a mid gen refresh like Sony is that it'll force 3rd party developers to develop for those consoles. Going into this generation, I didn't want to see a mid gen refresh. We're just now starting to see less cross gen games and still haven't seen the full power of these base consoles, outside of a few games. Like, I don't get Sony possibly releasing the PS5 Pro this year. They don't have a first party game to pair with it. So, the major game they're hoping to showcase it is GTA 6(if that doesn't get delayed) and highlighting previously released games. So the PS5 Pro being optimized to its full potential it's based on developer's discretion. Right now, the main benefit seems to be having an another visual option. If there's a Series X Pro, it'll force the 3rd party devs to really take advantage of the newer consoles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2024, 02:51 AM   #1222
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBoyle78
Don't get me wrong I get, but MS just isn't Japan's thing and honestly a handheld isn't going to change that much at all IMO.
I dunno man, handhelds are super popular. Look at all the major pc companies, Lenovo, Asus, MSI all have made handhelds with many more to come.

What lacks in those windows handhelds is a good console experience because of Windows 11. If Microsoft can focus on making a console handheld experience like Valve does on the Steam deck then I don't see why it can't work.

If they can make a xbox series s handheld for 400-450 range with a nice screen (oled), run 800p at least with solid battery life, i think it'll sell. Obviously backwards compatible to the first Xbox and be able to launch multiple launchers including Steam.

It could be also an idea for them to partner with a PC company like Acer for example to come up with a handheld based on Xbox software on it. I think that would be pretty sick
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 04-09-2024, 01:14 PM   #1223
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
I dunno man, handhelds are super popular. Look at all the major pc companies, Lenovo, Asus, MSI all have made handhelds with many more to come.

What lacks in those windows handhelds is a good console experience because of Windows 11. If Microsoft can focus on making a console handheld experience like Valve does on the Steam deck then I don't see why it can't work.

If they can make a xbox series s handheld for 400-450 range with a nice screen (oled), run 800p at least with solid battery life, i think it'll sell. Obviously backwards compatible to the first Xbox and be able to launch multiple launchers including Steam.

It could be also an idea for them to partner with a PC company like Acer for example to come up with a handheld based on Xbox software on it. I think that would be pretty sick
Yeah I'm interested going forward....I enjoy the ecosystem, and do like remote play but can get laggy at times....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »