Home

PlayStation 5

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2021, 10:41 AM   #769
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PlayStation 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
Glad I got a launch PS5. I don’t understand what they were thinking removing a lot of the cooling and making it run hotter now with the new version. 8-9 degrees hotter doesn’t seem like much now but I wonder the long haul and, I wonder how it’ll hold up when put inside media cabinets.
Yeah me too. Tom's Hardware says that Sony cut corners because they were selling the PS5 at a loss. To be fair, Sony has had a pretty solid reputation for hardware reliability. So even though they cut corners, they did testing to figure out if it will cause problems down the road. Sony just like Microsoft makes their money from selling games not consoles and having PS5's failing because they cut corners would be a bad look for them. So I'm glad I have the launch unit. but I. wouldn't worry if I bought the updated model.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ne...-cuts-heatsink
Old 08-31-2021, 07:02 PM   #770
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Maybe Sony just over engineered the original PS5 and now that it’s been out in the real world for a bit they realized they don’t need as big of a heatsink since boost isn’t controlled by temperature. I read somewhere the Series X is already 10c hotter than the PS5 so maybe it’s not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 09-02-2021, 08:38 AM   #771
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

📅 Save the date!

PlayStation Showcase 2021 broadcasts live next Thursday. Full details: https://t.co/SN76KFLspG https://t.co/KuN93OMq2d
Get a sneak peek at the future of PS5, with updates from PlayStation Studios and industry-leading devs. Hope to see you there!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2021, 12:30 PM   #772
All Star

It's interesting they are calling it a showcase instead of a state of play wonder if that means we will get more big things shown. I think we will get either gameplay or at least a real trailer for GOW being we only have a logo right now. Hopefully we get a spiderman 2 teaser.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:05 PM   #773
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

This feels like a kneejerk reaction to save margin when that isn't the root cause for lost revenue/profit. It seems to me that if Sony could simply produce more PS5s, they'd be fine.

I'd buy one now if I could actually go to a local store and get it. I'm not paying $1K and I'm not going to go thru some hassle like others where I HOPE I get it and it get cancelled later.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:38 PM   #774
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
It's interesting they are calling it a showcase instead of a state of play wonder if that means we will get more big things shown. I think we will get either gameplay or at least a real trailer for GOW being we only have a logo right now. Hopefully we get a spiderman 2 teaser.
Sony has tampered expectations with the last several State of Plays. But for them to only say don't expect PSVR 2, then I expect a big show. But with just 40 minutes, I don't know that you're going to see many trailers. You have to expect a few indies. I don't expect much live gameplay. Maybe around 7-10 games

I don't expect Spider-Man 2 info until probably a year from now. I do expect GOW. I don't think we need to see anything from Horizon Forbidden West in this event, that could be in a State of Play in December or January. Maybe GT7, but not sure on that either. Like I said, I fully expect GTA V re-remaster. Probably might announce the Blue Point acquisition.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:39 PM   #775
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

This is their E3 Show. Not crazy about how they're doing things but they'll have what they wanted, the center stage;

Hope to hear/see?

• New PS+ offerings
  • Naughty Dog - Their MP game, and news of a new game?
  • Santa Monica - God of War
  • Polyphony Digital - GT
  • Guerrilla - Horizon Update
  • Insomniac - Spidey?
  • London Studios - New game announcement?
  • Sucker Punch - New game announcement?
  • bend Studios - New game announcement?
  • Media Molecule - News for "Dreams" future in PS5 world
  • Housemarque - Returnal update? New game announcement?
  • San Diego Studios - MLB VR announcement
  • Abandoned - Enough of the nonsense and tell us what it is.
  • Haven Studio - Jade Raymond's PS5 exclusive announced earlier this year
  • FromSoftware Inc - Bloodborne 2?
  • Someone to take "The Order" IP license and give us Act 2.
  • Sledgehammer Games - Call of Duty: Vanguard (Don't care but we'll see plenty of it)
    Advertisements - Register to remove
    Old 09-02-2021, 04:21 PM   #776
    All Star

Quote:
    Originally Posted by illwill10
    Sony has tampered expectations with the last several State of Plays. But for them to only say don't expect PSVR 2, then I expect a big show. But with just 40 minutes, I don't know that you're going to see many trailers. You have to expect a few indies. I don't expect much live gameplay. Maybe around 7-10 games

I don't expect Spider-Man 2 info until probably a year from now. I do expect GOW. I don't think we need to see anything from Horizon Forbidden West in this event, that could be in a State of Play in December or January. Maybe GT7, but not sure on that either. Like I said, I fully expect GTA V re-remaster. Probably might announce the Blue Point acquisition.
    I dont know if its because of covid or because of how nintendo has done things and sony trying to copy that or a little bit of both but it seems like ever sense last year so for the last like 20 months or so that Sony has been very unpredictable and random with how and when they announce things. I have hated it part of it is I miss the true e3 days. This years e3 was beyond a joke over all. 2020 we didnt get e3 because of covid and 2019 e3 was really bad over all from nintendo and Microsoft and sony not being there. So last time we really got a e3 worth anything was 2018.

Its hard to say because we have not had a big sony show in like a year. So hard to be confident but depending on how long things are you can show a lot of games in 40 minutes has nintendo directs of like 30-40 minutes at times have had some really good stuff shown.

Spiderman 2 teaser I think is pretty likely like 70% and I would almost guaranty that we will not have to wait a full year to have spiderman 2 announced has I think it will be a early 2023 game with how fast insomanic is and with them having more than 1 team. If its a early 2023 game I don't think they will wait infill only like 6 months or so before it comes out to announce it. Small teaser now and than around a year from now gameplay I could see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »