Home

Oculus Quest 2

This is a discussion on Oculus Quest 2 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 03:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Oculus Quest 2

So my wife brought up an interest in getting the the Quest 2. She had read some stuff about workouts, and we decided to give it a try.

I can say we flipping love it. We bought the 64GB, which should be fine un less you have some special use, like saving tons of clips at one time. I also bought the Elite Strap for $50, which ought to just be standard, but I assume it is to keep the advertised price under $300.

The main thing is, if it were wired to my PC, she would not use it much at all. But being able to just take into the dining room where there is more space, she uses it a ton.

My wife started do Supernatural, which is a sub, but worth it, and playing Beat Saber, which is the Wii Sports of Oculus. When a friend came over and played Beat Saber, she bought on the day her stimulus check came in.

I mostly play Pokerstars, which is actually a pretty great poker game. It's easily what I spend the most time in. I love poker, and this game really nails it.

I started playing Echo VR, which is a Rocket League type of game, but played like the game in Ender's Game. You jet around playing ultimate frisbee in space. I am drenched when done, and it is a blast. It actually got me to start doing the workouts in Supernatural just to get into better shape. Not lying.

There is an arcade Football game, Football Unleashed, where you play as a QB, and throw passes and run the ball. You can design plays. It is set up for you to score a TD in X amount of time. You get bonus points for how quick, and a mini game where you throw passes for hoops for extra points.

Again, it's just fun. Apparently there is an update now where when your receiver catches the ball, you become the receiver. Before, once they got the ball, all you can do is block and watch. But it's mostly just playing a list of CPU games and trying to run up a score for the leader board. But the game gets more and more strategic as you beat better teams.

I figured I would start a thread to see if others here want to play some Echo VR or other games online. There is a lot of cool stuff.

Almost forget to add. I ended up with MLB.TV this year, and the the app for it in VR is pretty great. You get a real close 3D look at the pitch paths and stuff. Plus you can watch games in giant screen.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 04-17-2021 at 03:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 05:54 AM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Oculus Quest 2

We've got a Quest 1, they just unblocked Virtual Desktop and have enabled another way to use PC VR games wirelessly if you're interested and have a good wireless setup.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/introduc...st-2-and-more/

https://uploadvr.com/pc-streaming-qu...rtual-desktop/

I enjoyed the intro to Supernova, and haven't played some of the other games you mentioned yet. Will get back to them, just been busy lately.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2021, 09:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Yeah, I have both the cable, and gotten VR Desltop going, so I can play both Rift and Steam VR games.

First thing I bought was Alyx, but I have not really played it much.

One game I'm playing via Rift is Defense Grid 2, which is flipping amazing, too. I have not really spent much time on tower defense games, so I've been playing on the easiest settings.

It essentially lays out the map like model in your office. You can then choose a spot, and it will give you a view from a turret's perspective, which is pretty amazing to look at. You look up and see the massive scoreboard that is just the menu is regulars view.

Highly recommended.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:15 PM   #4
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

I also have the OQ2. I've been heavily using it to do VR in combo w/ iRacing and it works great. I have been very pleased with the performance/resolution but I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 07-21-2021, 02:55 AM   #5
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I just got this a couple weeks ago. My first experience with VR. Got one for my daughter as well as she lives about two hours away now. We hang out in the VR chat. It's pretty cool.

I haven't played a ton of games, but the ones I've played have all been good. I love Super Hot. It just straight up feels real. Also got a couple space games/apps. One where you are on a space walk from the space shuttle. My god it is amazing.

I also got Google Earth from Sidequest. That is one amazing experience. I spent over an hour just roaming around NYC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2021, 12:45 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Seen some chatter on Twitter recently that Facebook and Valve are bailing on AAA VR game development.

Not great for the future of VR. Wonder if Quest is going to be relegated to just smaller gimmicky titles.

Hopefully devs that make games like Demeo continue to be supported by the community.

Maybe the PSVR2 will help re-ignite some things, but I'm not super optimistic about another wired solution. That may matter less being the only option.

At worst, has been a fun run. We'll see how things reignite when AR becomes more reasonable.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:47 PM   #7
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Not sure about what's been going on Twitter but Facebook has been buying VR studios left and right. In April, they bought Downpour Interactive and just this past month BigBox VR. Doesn't seem like a doomsday scenario for VR from the the news of those acquisitions.
Old 08-07-2021, 01:52 PM   #8
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Seen some chatter on Twitter recently that Facebook and Valve are bailing on AAA VR game development.

Not great for the future of VR. Wonder if Quest is going to be relegated to just smaller gimmicky titles.

Hopefully devs that make games like Demeo continue to be supported by the community.

Maybe the PSVR2 will help re-ignite some things, but I'm not super optimistic about another wired solution. That may matter less being the only option.

At worst, has been a fun run. We'll see how things reignite when AR becomes more reasonable.

There seems to be validity in Valve's decision regarding VR which like you said would be a shame. The expenses that gaming labs are incurring (especially in VR) is substantial, especially with the number of delays impacted by the pandemic. It may very well be Sony that's needed to help hype the industry again by having a number of quality launch titles releasing for NGVR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »