Home

Anyone have problems getting PS4 discs to read on the ps5?

This is a discussion on Anyone have problems getting PS4 discs to read on the ps5? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2022, 01:49 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Anyone have problems getting PS4 discs to read on the ps5?

I have the original Ps4 disc, the definitive edition of Tomb Raider, and it says "disc cannot be read" on the Ps5. The disc is meticulous. Clean and scratch free. Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2022, 02:18 PM   #2
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone have problems getting PS4 discs to read on the ps5?

Don’t take offense to this because I really don’t mean any…are you sure you’re putting the disc in the correct side up? I only ask this because looking at the PS5 it’s not entirely clear which direction to hold the disc while you insert it.
Old 03-30-2022, 03:32 PM   #3
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

No offense taken friend. Well. I was wondering that too. I made sure that part "where you set it on the stand" was at the bottom and the disc slot was top of the system, not bottom. When I first put it in my cabinet, I figured out the stand was upside down so I Flipped it over. So I'm 99% sure it's the right position. I'll try a nother disc tonight, like a movie or something. A buddy of mine said check to make sure you have the latest update from pSN. I read if hte game needed and update, it should automatically check it. One thing I didn't do was shut down the system and try again.

But if you know any other ideas, let me know please! Thank you! Do you have a disc one too?
Old 03-30-2022, 05:31 PM   #4
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

I have the disc edition of the PS5, along with a Series X. But I’ve never put a disc into either of them lol. I’ve been playing digital games since early in the PS4 gen. But the reason I mentioned what I did was I thought I remembered seeing early on in its life, plenty of people inserting discs upside down and getting error messages. Other than that, I really have no clue why that would happen. Seems really weird.
Old 04-23-2022, 03:27 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 0

I have had a few games I have played on ps5. Tony hawk 1-2 remake, GOT, The last Guardian, Batman arkham knight to name a few and I have not had any issues. If disc is not working I would think it would just mean that the disc has issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »