Home

What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2024, 02:53 PM   #1145
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
For what it's worth I hammer the ball with Nimmo (any of his cards silver/gold etc) and obviously the Diamonds. Same with Conforto, I always thought Concerto's swing was glitchy. Also Dom Smith is another sneaky good one for me.
That Dom Smith pick is inspired....(I know why...Mets...but still).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2024, 03:02 PM   #1146
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
That Dom Smith pick is inspired....(I know why...Mets...but still).
ill 2nd the Dom smith swing it is butter and so is Confortos. ..

Musials are usually really good always hits above his attributes power wise and usually does better lefty lefty its a pretty quick swing normally good launch angles
Old 01-12-2024, 07:15 PM   #1147
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamC24167
ill 2nd the Dom smith swing it is butter and so is Confortos. ..

Musials are usually really good always hits above his attributes power wise and usually does better lefty lefty its a pretty quick swing normally good launch angles
Yeah, I've used Dom in the past in DD and to be honest, I kinda forgot about him...I think he may be floating around in the minors in my franchise (we're in 2027). But I agree with you both on his swing...(Conforto as well, for sure)

I gotta check out Musial's swing too....I never really use him in DD so I'll see what he's all about.

Thanks for the info guys, I love it! (And you think of any others, by all means, let me know)
Old 01-15-2024, 11:35 AM   #1148
MVP

Ranked is so tricky.

On hof i got 1 hit by framber, then I put up 6 on John Donaldson, then 3 er in 4 against Gibson, shutout by Donaldson thru 8, then 5 er in 4 against Gibson

The Donaldson game I was shutout thru 8 he kept spamming a slider and I thought I was all over it the whole game and kept being late.

Its so hard to get timing down from game to game

I'm now 61-9 so getting better with losing and not caring in an effort to get better.
Old 01-16-2024, 10:06 AM   #1149
Rookie

so i was off work yesterday and decided to try some team specific builds ( just hitters and pitching i used any starter i wanted with the Rollie Fingers Bullpen Captain in ranked and went 3-2 i believe .. i did the Rockies ,Pirates, and Nationals and what i gathered is that C J Abrams is a monster vs a righty. I faced Degrom in the game with the Nationals and took him deep 3 times with all no doubters... it was insane to me .. so i may try him on the SS team and see how he stats look because his swing feels like butter ..

Anyone else have cards that you shouldnt be good with but really rake with? Id prolly say him and that Keith Hernandez are the 2 cards for me so far
Old 01-16-2024, 10:28 AM   #1150
MVP

Quote:
so i was off work yesterday and decided to try some team specific builds ( just hitters and pitching i used any starter i wanted with the Rollie Fingers Bullpen Captain in ranked and went 3-2 i believe .. i did the Rockies ,Pirates, and Nationals and what i gathered is that C J Abrams is a monster vs a righty. I faced Degrom in the game with the Nationals and took him deep 3 times with all no doubters... it was insane to me .. so i may try him on the SS team and see how he stats look because his swing feels like butter ..

Anyone else have cards that you shouldnt be good with but really rake with? Id prolly say him and that Keith Hernandez are the 2 cards for me so far
Corbin Carroll is still my best card and it sounds like everyone hates his swing.

I usually platoon him with mantle

I'm still using my p5 Jeter too. I don't think people complain about him but I never see him being used

I'm hitting like 460 plus with Carroll and still hitting like 260 with trout. I think I'm below 300 with acuna too.

I spent a million on trout so I'm just gonna have him hit under 200 if that's what happens.

I'm also super good with semien but I don't have a spot in the lineup for him really. I haven't been hitting good with chipper since bringing him back so maybe I move him to the bench to get semien some ab's
Old 01-17-2024, 07:53 AM   #1151
Rookie

I got time to play 2 games last night and i had just got the Ryan Braun card from BR so i decided to use a Brewers team and it looked really good but man i went up against 2 pitchers i cant hit at all .. Nolan Ryan and then Corbin Burnes . i think i was so frustrated after facing Ryan and only scoring 1 run and not being able to time the fastball at all that in the 2nd game against Burnes i lost all patience and just kinda gave up .. I'm 69-45 this year and i feel like its a good progression and i have made it up to 655 highest rating .. im going to keep trying to make it to 700 before 24 comes out .... i also got my 3rd P5 player in Stan the Man .. so 2 hitters and 1 pitcher and some other players are close

Last edited by SamC24167; 01-17-2024 at 07:55 AM. Reason: wanted to add that i P5ed someone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2024, 08:23 AM   #1152
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Any Al Kaline card turns into a HR monster for me (I love that 97 in the Clemente program). The Milestone Biggio is another one that I totally smashed with earlier in the year.

(As an aside, Musial's swing is working well for my guy in franchise - complements my guy's ratings-makeup quite nicely!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »