Home

What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2023, 01:26 AM   #1
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0
What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

Didn't see a new thread and figured might as well so we can keep all MLB The Show 23 stuff together.

Get anything out of your pre-order packs? Not a single diamond for me. I think I might have pulled 1 gold out of close to 40 total packs including Twitch drops haha.

Off to a dry start.

Working on the Starter Showdown since my squad is so weak. Still not sure what I want to work on overall as there's SO much stuff. Might try to prioritize Team Affinity overall but just gonna knock out starter stuff early on. Moving to the easy Conquests next for some free packs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 02:04 AM   #2
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

Re: What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

I'm working on how to equp my custom uniforms. Sometime during last year I equipped the Orioles uniform now I cant figure out how to switch back to my customs. Any ideas?
Old 03-24-2023, 02:38 AM   #3
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsma806
I'm working on how to equp my custom uniforms. Sometime during last year I equipped the Orioles uniform now I cant figure out how to switch back to my customs. Any ideas?
In the main DD menu, go to Home then Customize. Edit Uniforms should be what you're looking for.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:48 AM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I started with the Tutorial stuff and did the Starter Program up until the Sosa card (moments and showdown). Did a few random WBC moments just to get up to 5 points to get a pack and grab 90 overall Nootbaar.

Tomorrow I will probably start with the tutorial conquests and start working on NL Central Team Affinity to get the Wainwright Captain card. Not sure when I will get the Musial Cardinals team captain. I need Goldschmidt and Arenado's prices to go down.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:55 AM   #5
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I started with the Tutorial stuff and did the Starter Program up until the Sosa card (moments and showdown). Did a few random WBC moments just to get up to 5 points to get a pack and grab 90 overall Nootbaar.

Tomorrow I will probably start with the tutorial conquests and start working on NL Central Team Affinity to get the Wainwright Captain card. Not sure when I will get the Musial Cardinals team captain. I need Goldschmidt and Arenado's prices to go down.
I got the Starter program done and got Sosa and Verlander. I'm pressing hard at the plate with Sammy trying to see if they have the hop animation haha. Haven't really gotten it going with him yet.

I think I made a mistake taking Wright in my pre-order pack. Not because the card is bad, but because Piazza would have locked down catcher for a while. I'll be taking Riley in the Affinity pack so kind of messed myself up early, although realistically there's so many cards this was going to happen anyway.

I'm using the free Jeter at SS and that card RIPS early on. Decided to use the Rookie Jazz at 2B, then added live series Javier Baez and Andrew McCutchen to the bench to trigger Wright's Captain abilities. I would never have done something like this and it's so fun having this wrinkle.

Like, Cutch and Baez live series cards obviously aren't great. If I'm forced to pinch hit with them I'm probably in rough shape. But taking the marginal boost for the cards I'm actually using is so much fun. Even hit a P/P HR with silver Jazz in his first AB after the boost move. It's the little things like this that are so fun in this mode.

Finishing up the Batter Up 3 Conquest. Might start some Affinity specific stuff after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 03:14 AM   #6
Rookie

to start off with I am working on what excuse to use to call out of work tomorrow after staying up tonight! As for actual DD my pack opening was pretty lame to start as well no diamonds. did a little bit of flippng to start off the night. then jumped into storylines. Got Satchel done and will work on the rest before starting to knockout the conquest maps. Then Team Affinity for the NL east.

feel like there is just so much to do not really sure what the best way to go about things will be but oh well.
Old 03-24-2023, 04:11 AM   #7
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I got nothing out of the preorder and Twitch packs. I spent most of the night completing all but a couple of the WBC moments. I got deep enough in that program where I have a full lineup of the cards needed for the program missions and tomorrow I’ll use those players in the WBC conquest, which completing that should bring me to the point to get the packs that have Goldy and Arenado in them. After I get them, I’ll start working toward the NLC Team Affinity.
Old 03-24-2023, 06:01 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 2

Spent a while trying to find my preorder packs(they never showed up) so hopefully it was just a server delay thing and they’ll be there today.

Spent some time just looking around at the new programs and then did all the AL East Affinity moments before heading to bed. Looking forward to really diving in tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »