Home

What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2024, 08:44 AM   #1153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Any Al Kaline card turns into a HR monster for me (I love that 97 in the Clemente program). The Milestone Biggio is another one that I totally smashed with earlier in the year.

(As an aside, Musial's swing is working well for my guy in franchise - complements my guy's ratings-makeup quite nicely!)
Glad to see it has worked out well for ya.. I love his swing every year always a card i rake with ...

I do like Kaline cards and that Biggio is always a doubles machine for me ...
Old 01-17-2024, 09:14 AM   #1154
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamC24167
Glad to see it has worked out well for ya.. I love his swing every year always a card i rake with ...

I do like Kaline cards and that Biggio is always a doubles machine for me ...
What was unusual for me about Biggio this year is the volume of HRs he hit. I'm not sure if it was legends finally getting quirks that helped or just the way the game is balanced. But he was the biggest surprise for me this year.
Old 01-17-2024, 10:11 AM   #1155
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
What was unusual for me about Biggio this year is the volume of HRs he hit. I'm not sure if it was legends finally getting quirks that helped or just the way the game is balanced. But he was the biggest surprise for me this year.
Joe Torre was that guy for me , he has always been a doubles guy but this year especially that 96 kaiju card for me hit alot more hrs then i had ever had with him .. the 99 hasnt quite continued it but still not bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2024, 11:54 AM   #1156
MVP

I'm in championship level on hof and just played a guy that bunted with two strikes every time. He did not get a single hit that wasn't a bunt

That alone is a problem that someone can get this high in the ratings by just bunting. Like everyone on his team was sub 200
Old 01-22-2024, 12:00 PM   #1157
Rookie

I had one of my most satisfying games Sunday, i was using the Arm accuracy captain Betts and the 90s pitching captain with Mussina on the mound going up against John Donaldson P5 of course and went down 5-0 until the 5th inning and then i started chipping away . It started when i brought in Clemente to pinch hit for Nolan goes and he went deep on a 102 fastball inside and then next inning kept adding on . I scored in every inning from the 5th to the 7th and didn't score in the 8th but scored 2 more in the 9th to Win 11-5 . i had my favorite lower tier card in CF ,P5 Dylan Carlson he is so good especially with the captain boost and i think one of the best lefty -lefty hitters is Micheal Conforto he went deep twice .

i also maxed out the ranked program to 200 points so i guess ill head to BR and try to get all those rewards i nevery got before and then once i finish that maybe ill go to the event until the new ranked program resets.. I am currently 71-47 and feeling good about the progress ive made this year online .
Old 01-27-2024, 03:17 PM   #1158
MVP

I tried to start a franchise with the pirates and no budget type thing and move alot of my dd players to the pirates then play on legend.

I played 2 games and it kept my attention but ultimately felt like what was the point. I like PNC park so thats why I chose pirates.

I have learned from those two games tho my pci placement needs so much improvement. I think we're rewarded so much online with bad swings. I also got zero perfects in the two games

Im super jealous of the guys that can only swing at pitches in the zone. Id like to improve on my strike recognition maybe more than pitch recognition but then I just swing lol.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:59 AM   #1159
MVP

Back to ranked, won my 1st game 1-0 hof level. Perfect perfect with jram a routine bloop to rf

I'm either bad at hof or bad playing the game about once a week now....or both.

Its noticeably a longer time to even get a game now at the end of cycle.

I keep trying different pci stuff but nothing is really working so keep going back to my OG ways

Still amazed at these YouTube guys carrying conversations and putting up 8 runs on legend
Old 01-29-2024, 09:23 AM   #1160
MVP

After boring no hits type game I get hrs in first inning of back to back games and rage quits on hof... Ranked sucks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »