Home

What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2024, 10:27 AM   #1177
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

DD Updates

Interesting changes to DD
  • Each Seasons 12 weeks long; now called "Seasonal Diamond Dynasty
  • 3 TA Chapters per season (1 every month; 30 cards each chapter?
  • Brian Dozer is back
  • Power creep per Season and TA Chapter
  • Up to 4 WC positions starting in Season 2, earned through XP
  • BR flawless reduced from 12 to 10 wins
  • Exclusive Ranked Program Rewards
  • Cornerstone cards are captain cards with "special abilities"
  • Every Event is 2 weeks
  • Higher rated rewards to online players initially
  • LS Rewards remains, but with possible new wrinkle (the article mentioned "...prowess on the sticks if you want to earn it.")

Initial reaction

Positive changes to DD and it seems like they took community feedback and adjusted seasons/sets without getting rid of them. It sounds like they're trying to be more organized with scheduled drops (seasons are 12 weeks, TAs are every month, Events every 2 weeks, etc.) - it will nice to see how BR/RS fits into this schedule. Still going to wait until March 14th stream before ordering.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:46 AM   #1178
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
DD Updates

Interesting changes to DD
  • Each Seasons 12 weeks long; now called "Seasonal Diamond Dynasty
  • 3 TA Chapters per season (1 every month; 30 cards each chapter?
  • Brian Dozer is back
  • Power creep per Season and TA Chapter
  • Up to 4 WC positions starting in Season 2, earned through XP
  • BR flawless reduced from 12 to 10 wins
  • Exclusive Ranked Program Rewards
  • Cornerstone cards are captain cards with "special abilities"
  • Every Event is 2 weeks
  • Higher rated rewards to online players initially
  • LS Rewards remains, but with possible new wrinkle (the article mentioned "...prowess on the sticks if you want to earn it.")

Initial reaction

Positive changes to DD and it seems like they took community feedback and adjusted seasons/sets without getting rid of them. It sounds like they're trying to be more organized with scheduled drops (seasons are 12 weeks, TAs are every month, Events every 2 weeks, etc.) - it will nice to see how BR/RS fits into this schedule. Still going to wait until March 14th stream before ordering.
i think this is going to be great as long as they continue to have content drops regularly not just at the start of a season. im intrigued for the changes and love the power creep .
Old 03-01-2024, 07:02 PM   #1179
Pro

We'll see how it plays over the course of the season but I welcome the tweaks. The relatively fast content cycle in 23 burned me out faster than ever and the constant stream of overpowered and redundant rewards made it unclear why I was grinding in the first place. There was too much to do, too little time to do it, and not enough incentive.

DD was getting really stale and needed change. 23 was a mixed bag, but I think the overall concept can work.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:29 PM   #1180
MVP

The females in road to the show appeared to have caused quite the stir on socials lol

I think it's good and fine but still concerned we are like barely a week from early release and we know we have females, 4 negro league players and they put the pinpoint thing in a mirror for lefties lol

Im sure they'll do something but this waiting until this last minute seems like they haven't done anything
Old 03-05-2024, 09:28 PM   #1181
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
The females in road to the show appeared to have caused quite the stir on socials lol

I think it's good and fine but still concerned we are like barely a week from early release and we know we have females, 4 negro league players and they put the pinpoint thing in a mirror for lefties lol

Im sure they'll do something but this waiting until this last minute seems like they haven't done anything
I think the new animations and other tweaks they announced do add up to real improvements in gameplay. It’s just not splashy. Something like 1B urgency on throws home after recording an out at first is something that’s been an issue for years and definitely gets exploited online. Looks like they might’ve fixed it now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2024, 08:11 AM   #1182
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah I'm pretty stoked about the DD changes, seems like the failures helped them hone in on what made sense from the bigger changes they made.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:51 AM   #1183
Rookie

I'm so hyped for next Friday, i took off so ill be ready to grind right when it drops at 11pm central time.

I finished my 23 ranked career last night with a record of 100-72 and highest rating at 620. I didn't quite hit my goal of hitting the 700 rating but gives me another reason to really try for it on the new game.

I am very happy the power creep is coming back i really did not like soo many 99s at launch . I am also very intrigued as to the new RTTS and Franchise stuff as well but i still think DD will be my main focus .

These are my best cards all year that ive used

C-Adley 99 all star
1B- Incognito Stan the Man P5
2B- 99 Brian Roberts retro finest
SS-99 Finest Cj Abrams
3B- 99 Allstar JRam P5
LF-99 Retro Finest Tim Raines
CF-99 Postseason Alek Thomas
RF- 99 Incognito Hammerin Hank P5
DH- 99 Great Race Mark McGwire

bench
99 all star Ken Griffey JR
99 CHipper
99 Finest Ozzie Albies
99 allstar Cal Ripken JR

Pitchers
99 Waino
99Gibson
99Donaldson of course
97 Wacha
99 Tarik Skubal
Old 03-08-2024, 10:57 AM   #1184
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I like the holistic changes to how they're doing the content this year.

But to me, whether or not I buy the game will probably boil-down to one simple factor: will they integrate more 9-inning game content into the offline portion of DD or will it just be another year of basically nothing but 3 inning games and "moment-ized" modes?

I don't mind Conquest but last year, I'd play through the conquest maps, then I could go into MS, only to have it just be more of the same thing. As a consequence, I barely touched MS as the fundamental team-building strategy did not change from Conquest.

Heck, even if they just integrated a slew of missions that require one to play "vs CPU" games would be better than nothing. Ideally, they'll add an OPTION for 9 inning MS games - I just don't see that happening (which is unfortunate).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »