Home

What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2024, 03:50 PM   #1185
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What Are You Working On? - MLB The Show 23 Edition

Yeah I just don't think 9 innings are a priority for them. I imagine they think franchise, etc. are where you want and can get that the most. I'm mostly with them, but I do understand the desire to at least play 9 innings because it's the closest thing to the real thing. And Josh you've made your point quite well in the past for your reasons why you want it and I do get it.

I just would rather play my franchise etc. if I want that experience, otherwise I'm here for 9 innings of online play or the tidier modes. That said, I do think it's weird there's no 9-inning mode for at least the "season" mode they do rock, and that things aren't more convenient to at least run the 9-inning games to do stats if you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2024, 06:12 PM   #1186
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah I just don't think 9 innings are a priority for them. I imagine they think franchise, etc. are where you want and can get that the most. I'm mostly with them, but I do understand the desire to at least play 9 innings because it's the closest thing to the real thing. And Josh you've made your point quite well in the past for your reasons why you want it and I do get it.

I just would rather play my franchise etc. if I want that experience, otherwise I'm here for 9 innings of online play or the tidier modes. That said, I do think it's weird there's no 9-inning mode for at least the "season" mode they do rock, and that things aren't more convenient to at least run the 9-inning games to do stats if you want.
I totally agree with you Chase and to be honest, I'm not even salty about it because I know I am a rare bird. I'm planning on continuing my Reds franchise in '23 so the ONLY reason I'd buy the game is for DD. And well, the idea of an unending barrage of 3 inning games and 'moments' with likely little respite has become less palatable after years of the same thing.

We'll see what next week brings - they've surprised us in the past, so I could totally see them sucking me in with something new....I guess it's just going to be a harder sell for me this year
Old 03-09-2024, 08:55 AM   #1187
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0

I also find it strange they haven't enabled 3, 6 or 9 inning settings for Mini Seasons. They could scale rewards based off innings and difficulty and that alone I think would appease a lot of offline players.

I love playing against the CPU on Legend in 9-inning games. If they incorporated rewards and stuff into that, even if they aren't insanely great, I think it would be cool.
Old 03-11-2024, 09:20 AM   #1188
Rookie

New legends trailer and it looks awesome .. loving the big tier and lower tier guys as well .. I'm so hyped for Thursday night !!!
Old 03-11-2024, 09:32 AM   #1189
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamC24167
New legends trailer and it looks awesome .. loving the big tier and lower tier guys as well .. I'm so hyped for Thursday night !!!
Rich Aurilia might be one of the strangest new "legends" ever added to the game next to last year's addition of Jerry Hairston Jr. (don't get me wrong, I like "strange" - but that one caught me off-guard....I also totally forgot he played for the Reds one year, lol)
Old 03-11-2024, 10:34 AM   #1190
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Rich Aurilia might be one of the strangest new "legends" ever added to the game next to last year's addition of Jerry Hairston Jr. (don't get me wrong, I like "strange" - but that one caught me off-guard....I also totally forgot he played for the Reds one year, lol)
Maybe they should delineate 'legends' and 'retired dudes' lol

Not upset with Beltre and Palmeiro or Johan, but last year we got Big Mac and Sammy. I hope they're saving Manny or another real legend like Joe DiMaggio or Sandy Koufax.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:38 AM   #1191
MVP

Officially played my last ranked game and it went into the 11th and I won 5-4

Finished the year 90-18 and going out on a 10 game win streak. Once I started sitting on only inside pitches until two strikes my patience and quality of contact really improved.

So many hitters are like 2% from p5 but time to end the year and wanted to end on a high note.

Going out of town Thursday but heading back in on Friday then will prob binge play the new game but will be starting a little behind everyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2024, 10:44 AM   #1192
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
yea thats how i felt about Ryan Ludwick last year like umm legend? lol .. im really hoping for Scott Rolen along with Beltre since they both getting into the HOF

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »