Home

What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition)

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2024, 07:35 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition)

I think I found my early season mvp

Hit the xp cap again 🙄

I'll be able to play Monday a good bit but then not much tues-fri. Made alot of progress this weekend

-Jeter done
-ta conquest and moments done
-starter and spring breakout done
-ta nl east 100% done
-9 event wins
-228k stubs (pulled judge and sold)
-pulled hader
-pulled John Donaldson from chase pack
-102k xp... Almost at Ryan Howard

Not sure whether I'll start br tmrw or keep running the event to try to make ta progress. I don't really care about any of the ta cards but I imagine this event will be the easiest time to knock it out. It is hard to build division specific team builds at this point
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2024, 09:41 PM   #42
Pro

I've finished the starter and Spring Breakout programs and Negro Leagues and Jeter part 1 storylines.

Making my way through Nation of Baseball now. It always seems intimidating at first but now I'm getting closer to the half way point and it feels like the end is in sight. I'm able to more or less cruise and take out a few strongholds mostly on rookie/veteran with each turn.

Early standout for me is Spring Breakout James Wood. Despite his poor vision rating he just seems to reach out and smack everything hard. Ironically, the worst performer in my regular lineup is Veteran Clemente, which was an early phase MVP for me in 21. No matter what my swing quality is, he's consistently finding gloves.

Probably the coolest thing I've done so far is hit a no doubt grand slam with Toni Stone at Yankee Stadium.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:42 PM   #43
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron
A few early observations from my experience so far:

- I feel like I'm never going to actually earn any of the players from the TA programs. I know TA is supposed to be long, but it's a little discouraging just to do the math and see how Conquest + Moments + Showdown + Miniseason will maybe get me to the first boss pack? Also, I still loathe showdown, couldn't even get past Greinke on the first try to "breakeven" on the stubs.
I got the NL Central first TA pack by doing the 3 moments and playing the beginner conquests along with the central conquest with a lineup full of NL Central Players. That got me to 50 some odd percent.

But i am not seeing that it is faster like the said, or any less of a grind.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:58 PM   #44
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I got the NL Central first TA pack by doing the 3 moments and playing the beginner conquests along with the central conquest with a lineup full of NL Central Players. That got me to 50 some odd percent.

But i am not seeing that it is faster like the said, or any less of a grind.
It goes by super fast by using the TA players online. I think one of the missions was to just pitch 2 innings with a TA boss. Between completing that a few times with the relief pitchers, and having Trout, Griffey, and Alvarez in my lineup, I got to 100% for the AL West just playing event games.
Old 03-18-2024, 12:10 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
It goes by super fast by using the TA players online. I think one of the missions was to just pitch 2 innings with a TA boss. Between completing that a few times with the relief pitchers, and having Trout, Griffey, and Alvarez in my lineup, I got to 100% for the AL West just playing event games.
Yeah I finished nl east using Wagner getting I think 15000 for every 2 IP... Just used him in each event game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2024, 03:27 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

For anyone playing head to head already, what's been the impact of the disengagement rule so far? The CPU doesn't look to take advantage of it much, but I'd assume it's pushed to the limit in head to head online...
Old 03-18-2024, 06:43 AM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
For anyone playing head to head already, what's been the impact of the disengagement rule so far? The CPU doesn't look to take advantage of it much, but I'd assume it's pushed to the limit in head to head online...
I've just done events and haven't really noticed anything different

Against the cpu I think you could steal 3rd with grandal almost every time if you wanted to. I rarely still online tho cause even Ricky Henderson gets **** jumps for me
Old 03-18-2024, 08:20 AM   #48
Rookie

Well after taking friday off again and playing a lot on Saturday as well , i believe i am halfway through the Us map and done with all 3 TA maps . haven't gotten online yet , i will probably wait to finish the US map then hop on events or ranked. I am 100% on the TA NL East and the NL Central ( i used the Flaherty Card for the Central and then the Wagner on the East, I'm using the Clase card for the AL Central now to finish it)

i am loving the game so far feels very smooth and loving the exit velos being juiced . Early game Cards im loving so far are the Woods and Johnson from the Break out series . i can't hit with Crew which sucks , i am loving the Richie Sexson card i always liked him as a player so he has been really fun and the Buxton boost is amazing ..
my line up right now is

SS Mondesi ( had to buy him and add with the boost)
CF Buxton
RF Breakout Woods
LF Ta Stanton
1B Manzardo
DH Hyper RIchie Sexson
3B Josh Gibson ( love the bat sound but cant hit crap with him so far)
C Breakout Ford
2B Breakout Johnson

Bench
TA Votto
Breakout Crews
TA Grandal
Live Series Goldy

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »