Home

What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition)

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2024, 11:16 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
They do boost. I have an odd little setup right now.

I'm using the Senga pitching captain. Then splurged and bought the two Reds team captains. Sonny Gray is boosted by Senga. Then put in Eugenio Suarez as the hitter captain, which also boosted Gray.

IIRC, the boosted Gray comes in at an adjusted 94 OVR now.

(to your example: If Ford boosts vision, I wonder if the Buxton captain will use the Ford-boosted vision ratings to determine eligibility for the Buxton team or the baseline? I would assume the latter, but it is intriguing.)
if it is like last year then it would be baseline stats would apply for the captain not parallels or anything else
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 01:16 PM   #66
MVP

Pinpoint is hard this year. I've determined unlike past years I will have to actually go in practice mode and work on it. I dropped my kontrolfreek from the pitching stick and that seems to have helped some but when practicing on hall of fame I'm getting alot of 70% accuracy on sliders and changeups.

Also seems like any type of curve is still hanging to death and I can't even bury it but that could be my input and not the game
Old 03-19-2024, 09:04 PM   #67
Pro

Can anyone tell me which Pirates uniform you receive for beating their stronghold on Nation of Baseball?

I got an unhandled server exception after it and SDS support is asking in response to my ticket. Obviously I didn't find out lol
Old 03-19-2024, 09:51 PM   #68
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunopuntzjones
Can anyone tell me which Pirates uniform you receive for beating their stronghold on Nation of Baseball?

I got an unhandled server exception after it and SDS support is asking in response to my ticket. Obviously I didn't find out lol
I have no idea if this helps, but Home 1994 and the City Connect jerseys are on the marketplace. That means they aren't the USA one.

I'm not sure how many Pirates Diamond uniforms there are, but you can eliminate those two.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:46 PM   #69
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I checked my inventory and only have the Pirates jersey from the team affinity program. I have completed the US conquest, so maybe that is bugged.

Tonight I played a little more BR. I was able to get to seven wins in a run and was also able to complete the 4000 PXP mission and that got me to 71 program points. Which finally let me get to the captain program pack, and I picked Matt Carpenter.

Right now my main lineup is
SS J Robinson
LF Griffey
CF Trout
DH Y Alvarez
C G Sanchez
2B M Carpenter
1B JD Davis
RF Musial
3B Arenado

Bench
Lindor
Votto
Bregman
Posada
I’m using the Arenado captain boost

Pitching is:
Donaldson
Misiorowski
Hence
G Rodriguez
Pettitte

Iglesias
Leclerc
Sutter
Hader
Wagner
Helsley
Miller
Percival
Old 03-19-2024, 11:14 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I checked my inventory and only have the Pirates jersey from the team affinity program. I have completed the US conquest, so maybe that is bugged.

Tonight I played a little more BR. I was able to get to seven wins in a run and was also able to complete the 4000 PXP mission and that got me to 71 program points. Which finally let me get to the captain program pack, and I picked Matt Carpenter.

Right now my main lineup is
SS J Robinson
LF Griffey
CF Trout
DH Y Alvarez
C G Sanchez
2B M Carpenter
1B JD Davis
RF Musial
3B Arenado

Bench
Lindor
Votto
Bregman
Posada
I’m using the Arenado captain boost

Pitching is:
Donaldson
Misiorowski
Hence
G Rodriguez
Pettitte

Iglesias
Leclerc
Sutter
Hader
Wagner
Helsley
Miller
Percival
3 wins in one run is my best br so far. I'm hitting good but my pitching is just rough. I can't even get the 25 hits or 4000pxp per run... Last year I got that in basically every single run.

I've spent a lot of time on br and only at like 25ish points.
Old 03-20-2024, 12:23 AM   #71
MVP

papadell's Arena

Kinda did some random stuff today. Played my first two Event games after getting off the phone with my ISP to fix some lingering issues.

Then knocked out all the TA Moments to get those done.

Ended the night by knocking out the new Conquest map they just added.

At this point, I have the NL East Affinity done and about halfway through AL Central. I haven't done any of the TA Conquest maps or Showdown yet. My progress has been strictly through playing games without really "grinding" the TA stuff. I'm thrilled that I'm making progress at this rate, knowing I'll make significant progress once I bounce through the maps.

I've been selling off all duplicates and after all the packs from finishing the USA map last night and today, I'm back up to around 100K Stubs. Collecting wise, I'm focused on the National League collection in terms of actually trying. I'll finish the AL whenever as I don't care about Palmeiro or even Ruth, but Pedro looks nasty so he's my main focus.

Team is looking like this:

LS Ronald Acuna Jr. RF
TA Giancarlo Stanton* DH
LS Matt Olson* 1B
LS Austin Riley* 3B
Spring Breakout Termarr Johnson* 2B
Spring Breakout Dylan Crews* CF
Spring Breakout Colson Montgomery SS
Cornerstone Captain Byron Buxton* LF
Spring Breakout Dalton Rushing* C

Subway Series Jorge Posada*
Spring Breakout James Wood*
Spring Breakout Harry Ford*
LS Jorge Mateo*

LS Spencer Strider
Spring Breakout Paul Skenes
Hyper Series Johan Santana
Barrier Breakers Satchel Paige
Spring Breakout Jacob Misiorowski

TA Emannuel Clase (until I finish TA grind - I think this card sucks)
LS Tanner Scott
LS Jhoan Duran
Subway Series Mariano Rivera
LS Josh Hader
LS Felix Bautista
TA Billy Wagner
Rookie Craig Kimbrel

--

I absolutely love this team so far. Buxton's boost on this squad is absolutely nuts. Once I get to the Hitting Team Captains, I think I'm taking Dansby not because he's a Brave - but because he fits this team and is going to look sick nasty with the boost. That'll leave Ronnie as the only non-boosted card in my lineup and I'll probably find some way to keep him on the team for as long as possible.

I used this squad in the two Event games I played and I think this team is Ranked ready. Termarr Johnson is one of those sneaky glitchy cards that I'll have to force myself to stop using once I get to Soriano in the XP Path. Colson Montgomery I *THINK* is the one they alluded to in the stream that is Corey Seager-lite. If that was someone else, then I promise you this card is sneaky good, too.

Most likely won't be playing much tomorrow. I think my next business is doing the TA Conquest maps just to keep getting the free rewards. I need to grind the Event at some point while I'm off work just so I can progress without feeling like I can only play Events.

I never really care about BR but I'm intrigued by the change in format this year.

Game feels amazing so far, online and offline. Still too many foul balls and there's plenty of time for the "newness" to wear off - but I love it so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 07:01 AM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
I have no idea if this helps, but Home 1994 and the City Connect jerseys are on the marketplace. That means they aren't the USA one.

I'm not sure how many Pirates Diamond uniforms there are, but you can eliminate those two.
Weird thing is, the 1978 road jersey is in the TA pack, so that leaves no apparent options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »