Home

What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition)

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2024, 01:37 PM   #81
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
Gotcha. What does it take to get him?
You have to finish the entire Storylines mode. You get an 81 overall version and then an 85 overall Captain version that boosts all Subway Series cards. There will be more content coming in the future so overall that team build should get stronger.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 08:03 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hitting is finally clicking again. Actually probably better today than I’ve ever been. Watched a twitch stream last night and the streamer gave some advice I hadn’t heard before and implementing it has been unbelievable. I’m using a timing mechanic where I click the button when the pitcher sets, again when he breaks from his glove, and then time up the pitch. It’s made me really lock in and I’m just crushing the ball after having frustrating moments just doing conquest prior. In my current BR run I just hit 4 perfect-perfect HRs in a row on my way to my 5th win.

As a Cubs fan I wanted to knock them out for collections and realized the NL Central didn’t have any gatekeepers so I completed the whole division. Going to do AL Central next since that’s also dirt cheap. Not great pack luck yet but I think I’ll knock out live series pretty quick.

Really enjoying the game so far. Glad the grind is back. 99s all year just wasn’t my thing.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:54 PM   #83
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore
Hitting is finally clicking again. Actually probably better today than I’ve ever been. Watched a twitch stream last night and the streamer gave some advice I hadn’t heard before and implementing it has been unbelievable. I’m using a timing mechanic where I click the button when the pitcher sets, again when he breaks from his glove, and then time up the pitch. It’s made me really lock in and I’m just crushing the ball after having frustrating moments just doing conquest prior. In my current BR run I just hit 4 perfect-perfect HRs in a row on my way to my 5th win.

As a Cubs fan I wanted to knock them out for collections and realized the NL Central didn’t have any gatekeepers so I completed the whole division. Going to do AL Central next since that’s also dirt cheap. Not great pack luck yet but I think I’ll knock out live series pretty quick.

Really enjoying the game so far. Glad the grind is back. 99s all year just wasn’t my thing.
Yea that's the click, click, click method. I know Mcgunski uses it or at least he used to. I've used it in the past when I have trouble catching up to the fastball or just can't get the timing down.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 03-21-2024, 09:40 AM   #84
MVP

I won 4 of my last 5 BR games now so kind've getting the pitching a little bit better. I changed out to a different kontrol freek and i've really taken my time between pitches...im sure my opponent prob gets annoyed. Last few years I'm a quick pitcher. I've been trying to look at the demo movement the game suggests before each pitch and trying to match it.

Last night i could only play one BR game and won 9-3, i was destroying everything and that gave me 25 hits in the single run, and I'm like 700 points away from the pxp if I can have one more good game on this run. Not sure if I hit the 25 HR's yet but im close....so I got past the 50 program points i believe.

Don't think I'll be able to play today but should be able to knock out 2-3 BR games on Friday then plan to grind away all saturday and a chunk of sunday.

Hitting I'm really locked in but it may be others are struggling with the pitching side of things too.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:50 AM   #85
Rookie

i finished the US map last night and pulled Degrom and Jram from the packs i then proceeded to jump into ranked and won 2 games .. first game made him rage quit after a 2run hr by Temar Johnson ( he's a glitch) and then 2nd game i won 7-1 and had Hrs by Sexson , Harry Ford, and that new Chris Taylor( have him playing 3rd with the Buxton boost ) felt great and if i get some time tonight i guess ill jump into that new conquest map and maybe ranked after that. I'd love to play some BR but that 2way glitch is just not something i wanna deal with again after last year so ill wait on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2024, 11:30 AM   #86
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
I won 4 of my last 5 BR games now so kind've getting the pitching a little bit better. I changed out to a different kontrol freek and i've really taken my time between pitches...im sure my opponent prob gets annoyed. Last few years I'm a quick pitcher. I've been trying to look at the demo movement the game suggests before each pitch and trying to match it.

Last night i could only play one BR game and won 9-3, i was destroying everything and that gave me 25 hits in the single run, and I'm like 700 points away from the pxp if I can have one more good game on this run. Not sure if I hit the 25 HR's yet but im close....so I got past the 50 program points i believe.

Don't think I'll be able to play today but should be able to knock out 2-3 BR games on Friday then plan to grind away all saturday and a chunk of sunday.

Hitting I'm really locked in but it may be others are struggling with the pitching side of things too.
Yea I'm struggling a little pitching right now, especially with lefties. Only played against CPU so hasn't really hurt me yet. Enjoying the changes though. I see a lot of the YouTubers using analog again.

Just working on TA now and still building up the squad before hopping into multiplayer.

Current lineup:
LF Buxton (captain card)
2b Temarr Johnson (SB)
C Harry Ford (SB)
CF J Rod (LS)
1b Manzardo (SB)
SS Correa (LS)
3b Devers (LS)
RF Clemente (Vet)
DH Palmeiro (Vet)
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk

Last edited by doubledeuceR6; 03-21-2024 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:13 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 1

Still doing really good in BR. That Jimmy Rollins card is unbelievable. I really liked Mays too, but Rollins hits tanks and plays amazing defense at SS. Really liked the Tony Clark card as well. Also really recommend investing in RPs. I’ve been going with 2 golds in my pen just because there’s enough silver options to fill out a lineup. I want to finish the program before opening day when there’s a million super charged players.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:40 PM   #88
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
Yea I'm struggling a little pitching right now, especially with lefties. Only played against CPU so hasn't really hurt me yet. Enjoying the changes though. I see a lot of the YouTubers using analog again.

Just working on TA now and still building up the squad before hopping into multiplayer.

Current lineup:
LF Buxton (captain card)
2b Temarr Johnson (SB)
C Harry Ford (SB)
CF J Rod (LS)
1b Manzardo (SB)
SS Correa (LS)
3b Devers (LS)
RF Clemente (Vet)
DH Palmeiro (Vet)
Haha I did see the analog pitching for some peeps, are they just whining because they're bad at pinpoint or is analog just more accurate and easier?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »