Home

What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition)

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-15-2024, 12:14 PM   #289
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (MLB The Show 24 Edition)

I played a little br but played like *** cause I'm tired. 3-0 to start from the other day and of course got 3 world series guys with under 10 losses to start the day

I was looking at s1 collection and even if I finish ta3 in still below cc and like 40ish cards I'll have to buy to get the first pack (so dumb).

I'll get a few more br program cards and then this monthly thing on Friday but still probably gotta spend like 5000 on 20 cards or something that won't be used in a few weeks.

I'm like 80000xp from xp boss and will take Rollins and likely wild card him after Santana.

Is the move to just sell everything I have now and focus on babe? I'm even that good with babe and I hit like 700 with Brett in br but babe atleast you get to keep and Pedro will be useful at the start of each season plus the live series boosts here and there

It just seems dumb to grind and spend all these stubs for only Brett and then I would probably wild card him 3rd (whenever that is) just because I spent so much effort to get him

The closer this gets to season 2 the more I dislike the whole thing and feel like I've wasted alot of time
Old 05-15-2024, 07:19 PM   #290
MVP

papadell's Arena

Finished the map for Graveman and started the Mother's Day map.

I'm still 350k XP away from the first boss. There's like 30 days left to use all the cards coming out now before they rotate out. With the time limited playing I have, it really feels pointless playing for rewards.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop playing. Just means nothing feels rewarding. There's a daily cap that I hit pretty easily after a couple hours. I'm not even blasting the CPU on Rookie. I'm just playing normal games on All-Star and I can barely get a Conquest map done without hitting the cap. Which then limits me in the program to stay on pace with content.

I will say that the Seasonal Captains (Cornerstone) come in clutch here. I really hope the S2 Captains are as fun as Buxton has been. I'm enjoying using that team and getting P5 with some of my favorite LS players thanks to the Buxton boost.

If they nerf seasonal Captains starting in S2 and just keep shoving packs down everyone's throats then I'll have some serious complaints.

It just feels demotivating knowing there's a ceiling to progress no matter how I approach the game this year.
Old 05-15-2024, 08:13 PM   #291
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
Finished the map for Graveman and started the Mother's Day map.

I'm still 350k XP away from the first boss. There's like 30 days left to use all the cards coming out now before they rotate out. With the time limited playing I have, it really feels pointless playing for rewards.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop playing. Just means nothing feels rewarding. There's a daily cap that I hit pretty easily after a couple hours. I'm not even blasting the CPU on Rookie. I'm just playing normal games on All-Star and I can barely get a Conquest map done without hitting the cap. Which then limits me in the program to stay on pace with content.

I will say that the Seasonal Captains (Cornerstone) come in clutch here. I really hope the S2 Captains are as fun as Buxton has been. I'm enjoying using that team and getting P5 with some of my favorite LS players thanks to the Buxton boost.

If they nerf seasonal Captains starting in S2 and just keep shoving packs down everyone's throats then I'll have some serious complaints.

It just feels demotivating knowing there's a ceiling to progress no matter how I approach the game this year.
Maybe the move is to just play Co-op and ranked for skill/fun and not worry about rewards.

I actually enjoy playing casual 1 on 1 but it tends to be people that are really bad more than middle of the road players like myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2024, 10:15 PM   #292
Rookie

OVR: 1

As an offline player, it’s basically TA or bust for me. Grinding the ALC since Monday via TA MS, and I’m still short of 80% done. ALE is done, and I have the pathetic 1% from the single moments for the other 4 divisions.

It’s really frustrating, I feel like I’ve taken a massive step back since TA C2. Actually, though, it’s just an awful progression setup. Very discouraging, especially with the grind being equally slow and painful even when I start getting the bosses. Oh, gee, thanks SDS, a worthless Millionaire pack in exchange for 10 TB or 5 K? Sign me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2024, 03:55 PM   #293
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
Maybe the move is to just play Co-op and ranked for skill/fun and not worry about rewards.

I actually enjoy playing casual 1 on 1 but it tends to be people that are really bad more than middle of the road players like myself
I'm all about co-op I just don't have anyone to play with consistently. With how they've completely demolished any reason to play the game competitively, that part of me is gone and I just want to have fun with the different cards.

The XP cap is the thing that's really keeping me from diving into stuff. With everything tied into the Season program, there's literally no reason to keep playing once you hit the cap.

if anyone wants to try some co-op add me on your friends list or whatever (thepapadell on xbox) and hit me up when you're on. my work/life balance is crazy right now so i don't have a ton of time but when i'm on i'd be down for some buffoonery
Old 05-17-2024, 09:29 AM   #294
Rookie

Still slogging my way towards the first Boss Pack on the Season XP path, but I did hit one of my personal goals this morning. Got to my first S1 collection choice pack. Actually, after finishing ALE and ALC TA, I was at 323 cards. So I opened the two packs, which brought me to 325…kind of wish I had checked that before finishing the ALC!

Thus begins the TA MS March through the ALW. Got two new LS diamonds (Tucker and Riley) from the mission packs, so at least I’m getting some value from it. Bagwell is the first Extreme Moment I totally gave up on. In 3 tries, never got above 2 TB. I think the grinding of TA MS on Rookie is part of the issue there, but I can’t waste the time to keep failing when I can at least get vouchers/packs elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2024, 06:28 PM   #295
Rookie

I think I have the stubs right now to complete live series. Going to wait until the market stabilized and Seager to completely tank before pulling the trigger. Next move is probably events for me while slowly getting through TA3.

I want to start preparing a bit for Ranked next week when the extra missions drop. I do miss having my Cubs theme team. I think I’ll build a switch hitting team since it seems easy enough to put together but don’t know if I’ll have a pitching captain. I just want to get to season 2 and build my next cubs squad. Very hard to get excited about building a team for a couple weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2024, 07:10 PM   #296
MVP

I just want to whine that Adley and ketel are in packs... 3 weeks left to use these cards. I hope my whining is seen by sds and helps improve things a smidge. I just can't justify using my stubs in guys I'll have for such a short time... I can't believe people are buying these packs.

Other than that the drop is cool I guess today... We get a decent amount of new stuff. Will be interesting to see how close I am to s1 boss and see if it's worth finishing.

I'm at like 930k in xp path so know I will get atleast 1 boss. I'd be happy with j roll and petite altho based on the three weeks I'll likely never be able to use pettitte in ranked until October

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »