Home

Who HAS NOT yet landed a diamond player card yet?

This is a discussion on Who HAS NOT yet landed a diamond player card yet? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2015, 05:28 PM   #57
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Who HAS NOT yet landed a diamond player card yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat LA
I bought the 10th Anniversary edition on release day, but didn't start playing until about 2 weeks ago. I only played RTTS, until I saw these cards, and decided to try DD about a week ago. I had totally forgotten about redeeming my free stubs and packs from the 10th Anniversary (I just mainly didn't want a cover with Puig).

In the 12 packs, I got nothing right away. In about the last 4, I ended up with 2 Golds (Pence and Rosenthal) and a Mike Schmidt legend in the last one. I bought 3 packs, with nothing significant with my stubs, but got scared off and just started to play the market and h2h to build up my stub count.

Two days ago, I got my 9-day stamp free pack and got nothing. I decided to buy a Pitcher pack because of my god awful rotation, and immidiately saw that I had got a trophy. It ended up being a Chris Sale, but of course I've yet to be able to use him in a game because he never gets randomly selected.

I feel like I shouldn't buy any more packs, since I've been pretty lucky with getting 2 Gold, a Diamond and a Legend in about 18 total standard packs and am due a cold spell, with only about 11,500 stubs at the moment.

Sell Mike Schmidt, he goes for like 150k or more. Then either buy players you want, or buy a crapload of packs.

I've done 100+ pack openings twice now and I ended up with 5 diamonds and 10 gold players between them, as well as like 80 something silvers, a handful of diamond equipment and a crapload of gold equipment, etc.

I know everybody plays the game differently and most people will tell you it's dumb to buy packs, build your team through the market, etc. But buying packs is a million times more fun than that, just sayin lol. I also like the idea of only building your team through guys you've pulled in packs. But that's just one man's opinion.

The good thing about opening a bunch of packs is you're guaranteed to at least get some things of value which you can then re-sell and make stubs back to buy more packs. It's a never ending cycle lol
Old 05-04-2015, 05:47 PM   #58
Pro

pacman5769's Arena

OVR: 2

No Diamonds or Legends yet
Old 05-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Zero diamonds and zero legends for me.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #60
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5

Same as you guys, should be getting a pack tonight as my daily reward...speaking of which, they never did give us anything for the daily stamps being FUBAR the first 3 weeks right?
Old 05-06-2015, 02:33 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 6

No diamond or gold. Well, I have one gold, which is Nelson Cruz who used to be silver when I pulled him from the starter pack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #62
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmarks
Same as you guys, should be getting a pack tonight as my daily reward...speaking of which, they never did give us anything for the daily stamps being FUBAR the first 3 weeks right?
I don't think so, I've played every day since launch and just got my second reward pack last night. And what was in said pack? Bronzes, commons, a minor league stadium and sunflower seeds.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #63
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

I very rarely buy packs, so I'm relying on my rewards to give me my diamond player. However, I have yet to get even a gold in my 40+ games. It's frustrating because all of my friends have gotten great cards when they started their teams but me. One friend who barely plays was even awarded Mike Trout. I'm so jealous.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #64
Rookie

I've pulled more packs than I can count. My best pulls are Harvey, and a Diamond 💎 sponsor. I just buy cards now. Packs are like heroin though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »