Home

Carew Worth It?

This is a discussion on Carew Worth It? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Carew Worth It?

Before I lock in the 10-15k worth of cards, I wanted to ask quickly if you guys think he is worth it. I have heard some people say he is an elite hitter, and others say he hits too many pop flies. My current second baseman is Scooter Gennett, and my alternative option to Carew would likely be Dee Gordon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: Carew Worth It?

The notion that a player hits more or less pop flies is a bit ridiculous when it comes to the show. It is ratings based. There is nothing programmed into the game to say "Carew hits a lot of popups, while ______ hits a lot of groundballs." Some stances might influence a person's timing I guess, but that has nothing to do with the player's ratings.

In regard to if he is worth it, the Angels are cheap so why not? For a 2B option he is one of the best as he has good contact ratings against right and lefties if you don't want to keep two 2nd baseman.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #3
MVP

He is the best 2nd baseman I've used I love him much more then altuve. Carew even played ten games at 1st for me when I was using altuve and he was great there to. I definitely recommend doing the collection
Old 05-06-2015, 03:17 AM   #4
Rookie

I just got him so I will let you know. Even if I don't use him forever I still think it's worth it. He's a 20k+ stub card on the market and you get the 5% bonus.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #5
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

I have him. The collection was cheap to do. His stance took a couple games to get used to but after that it was all good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Altuve is a way better athlete and will hit better against lefties. But Carew's much better hitting against righties. It's nice to have both on your roster. And if you can't afford Altuve, Carew is extremely cheap to get. The Angels collection was around 5K to complete last time I checked.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Altuve is a way better athlete and will hit better against lefties. But Carew's much better hitting against righties. It's nice to have both on your roster. And if you can't afford Altuve, Carew is extremely cheap to get. The Angels collection was around 5K to complete last time I checked.
See altuve sucked for me he went 1-28 and I sold him. Carew is hitting like. 315 against lefties for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »