Home

Game Freezing Etiquette

This is a discussion on Game Freezing Etiquette within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Game Freezing Etiquette

After going the better part of two weeks without any games freezing, I thought they finally patched this bug. I was wrong. In my past 6 games, 5 have frozen. I was leading in the late innings in 5 of those games. I got credited with the loss in all 5. The one game that I was losing I quit immediately, because it's only fair.

To the people who say "It's only a video game, who cares? Just quit.": yes. It is just a video game. If this happened once in a blue moon- fine. But how is it fair that I should get 6 losses in a row when I am WINNING? If you're argument is "Just quit. Play for fun." That's fine when you can complete a game. But if I'm going to spend an hour of my life playing a game, it's pretty sh*tty to get multiple losses that I shouldn't. The game of chicken to see who quits first is really pathetic. I'm not going to just let my ps4 sit there for hours hoping the other guy quits first.

Whoever is losing should quit- I think that's common sense. If it's a tied game- then just suck it up. If you're losing- you should quit. Don't be a baby and sit there for HOURS just so you can get a "win".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 02:22 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Game Freezing Etiquette

Agreed, I have been preaching this. Ill just quit cause I rather play another game then have a 2 hour freeze off. But people show a little respect.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Did you play last year? This was a daily occurrence. For me at least, things have been pretty solid this year.

Last year, I was always the first one to quit whether winning or losing but it started affecting my health. So now, I find other things to do to take my mind off of it before I eventually quit.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #4
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

This used to happen a lot playing ncaa 14. I used to get really stressed about it and would wait it out most of the time. Now I'm over it, if my game freezes I'll wait maybe a minute or two then quit. It's not worth the stress.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
MVP

Honestly when this happens to me I wait it out and the longest I've had to wait was like a half hour I just switched to my X1 and watched Netflix
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #6
Banned

Or you could just play the CPU.

I grew pretty tired of the characters I would find online in diamond dynasty.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts50
Or you could just play the CPU.

I grew pretty tired of the characters I would find online in diamond dynasty.
I play alot of the extra innings. I get the same rewards and stubs and none of the cheese.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

If I was winning, I'll leave the game running and go do something. I expect my opponent to just give me the win.

If the game is tied or I was losing, I'll immediately turn it off. I'm fine with taking the loss in that situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »